“Cheap and okay”

Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
Reviewed 4 November 2016

This motel is accessible from the main roads. It is very affordable and offers enough. The first room that we got was not made up and the second room was okay. The man who checked us in was very nice and accommodating. The woman in the morning, was awful. She was not friendly and didn't even try to make more coffee when the first pot ran out immediately. Personally, I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There are many motels in the area. Plan ahead and find another one. If all you care about is cost...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I've been to this location over 10 times in past two years. Staff is always polite and welcoming. Some of them know me by name. Others do recognize me when they see me. The hotel has improved a lot since I first started to come here. Still some room for improvement. But for the price and getting a good night sleep, it's always been enough. As long as my family lives in the area, I would always stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. Everyone was either booked or wanted over $100. Got a king bed for $55. Room was decent. Nothing fancy. Restaurant near by. Fridge and microwave for any leftovers. . Staff was great. housekeeper did their job well.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016

We stayed here for for my sons graduation from RTC. It was really close to the base.
Rooms were clean and staff was great. It's definitely not a fancy hotel but for the price it was great! Exterior of the hotel looked troubling but rooms are decent. No Complains

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We stayed here because it was close to the Naval base so we could see our son graduate from RTC. I do not recommend this hotel for any convenience weather it be for price or for location! Please do not take your graduating sailor to this hotel!! When we first pulled into the lot we could see that the hotel was really run down and dirty. We were hoping that the rooms would not reflect the outside. We were wrong. We reserved a room with a loft so 5 of us could be in the same room. The two beds downstairs were not even the size of a full bed. They were just a little larger than a twin size bed. There was a kitchen in the room but there was nothing to use in the kitchen, no pots and pans or dishes. The bathroom was dirty and hair on the floor. The loft had a nice king size bed but the head tilted down making your feet go higher. The loft itself had a large box TV but it wasn't hooked to cable. There was no separate heating/cooling unit in the loft, not even a fan. The day we got there it was 95 degrees outside, the loft was just as hot. There were only 3 towels for the 5 of us and the pillows are so thin its like not having one at all. I went to the desk asking for 2 more towels and wash cloths as well as 2 more pillows and more toilet paper since there was only a half roll in the bathroom. I was given the toilet paper and told they had to find pillows and towels. This was 6:00 pm. Come 8:30 pm towels and pillows were still not available so we ran to a Walmart 8 miles up the road and purchased a fan for the loft and the towels and pillows! The size of the room wasn't even what they described to me on the phone. Opening the door to the room was a table and chair that almost blocked the door. The rooms are very small. The heating/cooling unit also barely worked. It took hours for the room to cool down once we got there. The only good thing that we can think of with this hotel is the location to the naval base! And WiFi is advertised but none of us could connect even after getting the password from the desk!

Room Tip: There are not good rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
3.6 km away
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
4.5 km away
Howard Johnson Waukegan Great Lakes

Been to Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago? Share your experiences!