“Great BBQ”

Hop House Southern Eatery
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I've eaten here several times. The brisket is amazing, tender, juicy, really excellent. The staff is professional and very kid (or grandkid) friendly. We've also had a couple of parties here. Really a great place. I'm both impressed and sad they are closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The food is amazing. Often times you to a restaurant and the food quality changes. Been visiting this place for lunch over the year and it is the same great food and service.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Coming from southern roots, looked forward to trying the cuisine here. Fried okra was ok, could have been cut smaller to reduce sliminess. Pulled pork and fried chicken were very good. Rolls tasty. My niece had a pizza and it was good too. My big complaint is the coleslaw. It was a soupy mess. Almost no flavor except for the pickles, which shouldn’t be in there. I will return to try some other things.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

As a local, the reputation of Hop House is good, but it didn't live up to expectations.
(1) The Hostess seemed to take it personally when we asked for a booth instead of a table for our family. As we were sitting at our table, another family asked for a booth as they were seated as well.
(2) We sat with our menus for a long time (longer than other restaurants) waiting for our server to come and initially greet us.
(3) Server mixed up my son's root beer with Pepsi, but came with a replacement as soon as she realized her error.
(4) Had the brisket, smashed potatoes, and Brussels sprouts and it was okay, certainly not something I would order again or rave about. Other diners in my party were similarly underwhelmed.
(5) When I used the ladies toilet, one of the toilet seats had a large piece broken off of the seat in the back. My husband reported a toilet seat in the men's toilet was broken and worried it would break off as it was raised and lowered.
(6) As we were finished with our meal, it took a long time for our server to circle back so we could request our check and carry out boxes.
(7) With all the dining choices in the area, I would not choose or recommend Hop House.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We went their for a dinner after having a trying week with our family we suffered a loss in our wonderful family. The meal was wonderful it was definitely a change from the hustle and bustle of dealing with arrangements in other issues that come along with that the meal was good and it was relaxing thank you.