“Solo but worth it”

Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd Street
Description: Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse is a Rush Street legend that has just added a location in Oak Brook. Big steaks, big drinks and big shots, that's what it's all about at Gibsons! Gibsons Bar & Steakhouse Oak Brook boasts a large outdoor patio which has the capacity to seat 200 and includes a lounge area with three toasty fire pits, an Alpine Waterfall feature off the outdoor dining area and a full outdoor bar. Come in and enjoy dining on our patio or just sit around the fire pit with friends to sip some cocktails. Outdoor seating will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis.
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here few times, but first time solo. I thought it would be weird but this place dishes out an atmosphere that makes you feel like you're with company even when you're alone. Just cozy.

I started out with a Caesar salad, which was perfect.

Then I ordered a 10 oz. Filet Mignon cooked medium to perfection. The inside was little red with the exterior hot and crispy.

I ordered two sides, the mushrooms and broccoli, both great. If I had enough appetite, I would of ordered the baked potato, it looked good.

The service is stellar. The only way to describe it is as if you're in a Chicago movie from the 20's. The attic-ate and confidence the staff have can't be replicated in other cities.

The is not a place for a budget meal, but if you want to treat your self, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

This was our first time dining at the Gibson's in Oakbrook and were very impressed with the quality of the steaks and salads as well as the service (Thanks Giorgio!). We have enjoyed the Gibson's in Chicago and we weren't sure if the level of quality would be maintained at a suburban location. Of course it was. There is something special in the ambiance at Gibson's. A wonderful blend of comfortable yet elegant. Last evening was our 33th wedding anniversary and we could not have found a better restaurant to celebrate. Thanks to all the staff.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Great food and great atmosphere! The steaks are amazing! The sides dishes were so good. The Brussel sprouts and loaded potatoes were the best! I would highly recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

There were 12 of us that went for dinner Tuesday night. I had that halibut and it was absolutely excellent! One of the best I have had. It was mouthwatering good. We also had appetizers of shrimp and oysters. Both were very fresh and tasted delicious. I strongly recommend this restaurant for any occasion but especially special ones. I think your significant other will enjoy it.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

My favourite for steaks when in the area. As a solo diner I sat in the bar area. Steak was a little under done but very tender and accompanied by a huge plate of tasty fries.
Gibsons continues to serve great quality steak.
Staff were a little aloof and slow in responding. But I will return next time I am in Oakbrooke.