“The Pork Steak was Excellent!”

1401 West Restaurant
Ranked #62 of 89 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Description: Stop in and enjoy Executive Chef Sikkila’s sumptuous menu options. From the breakfast menu and buffet to our eclectic lunch all the way to a romantic dinner for two with a sweet treat, we welcome you to our restaurant in Oak Brook for all occasions.
Reviewed 26 February 2016

I would recommend the restaurant as my food was very good. However, our service was not so good as we waited a long time to order. They were understaffed on a Sunday. I would still go back.

kathy d, Manager at 1401 West Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Thanks for your kind comments about your experience with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

I haven't been to the 1401 West for a few months, but I was disappointed in my visit yesterday, 11/19. First of all, the menu changed for the worst. My favorite selection, the filet medallions, were not available anymore. I chose the rib eye steak which was okay. But the bistro steak that I took home was tough & overcooked, even though I ordered it medium rare. Secondly, the prices increased over 15% & the bread was stale! The only positive thing I can say about this restaurant is that the service & beer selection were good and it's close to where I live.

kathy d, Manager at 1401 West Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the 1401 West restaurant. We appreciate you returning to our restaurant and enjoying the food and beverages we have to offer. I do sincerely apologize for the food quality and options available on you recent visit and that it did not meet to your satisfaction. Your comments have been shared with the culinary team. We hope you stop in again in the future and we can provide a great dining experience once again.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

I had two breakfasts here during my hotel stay. A good basic breakfast. Nice decor. Prompt and friendly service. And relatively reasonably priced. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here, but if you're staying in the hotel, then it's worth the stop.

Thank you for sharing the experience you had in our 1401 West restaurant for breakfast. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with excellent food, service and memories when visiting us at the Oak brook Marriott. We welcome you back and look forward providing another great breakfast on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I am a fan of hotels and restaurants. 1401 is right up to what I've come to expect from the Marriott.

Our server Rosa was such a pleasure to meet. She gave my dad and I such great service. I want to thank her here for making our day that much better! She recommended the Eggs Benedict Florentine... Wow, so good! If you are around during the breakfast hours look no further. You got to order this!

This place has a great atmosphere also, I've sat her for the last 3 hours :). I give it 10's all around.

Sincerely, Chris

This review was originally published at: http://www.lettersofgratitude.org/1401-west-restaurant/

kathy d, Manager at 1401 West Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write your heartfelt review. It was a joy to read that Rosa was able to provide great menu suggestions and service. We will share your kind comments with Rosa and the rest of the hotel staff in our daily news letter. We hope to see you return to us soon for another great Marriott experience.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

I had breakfast a couple of times and was less than impressed. The salad at lunch was very small for the price.

kathy d, Manager at 1401 West Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Your review will be discussed at the next culinary meeting to continue to improve our food and beverage experience. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.