“No frankenfood here”

Prairie Bread Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 4 Bakeries in Oak Park
Reviewed 20 July 2016

I am sensitive to MSG (which comes in many disguises). It's extremely rare that I can eat commercially-produced baked goods, but this place has zucchini bread and pound cake (packaged up for sale with ingredient list visible) that contains only ingredients I would use myself in my home kitchen--and they taste fresh and wonderful. The latte was good, it's open early in the morning, and staff was friendly. Less expensive than Starbucks and much better.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

I asked the clerk for his recommendation for a sandwich, since it was my first time there. He recommended the Greek Veggie Cafe sandwich. It was delicious! I didn't taste any of the pastries, but they sure looked good! A great little Deli.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I go here for coffee every morning and on weekends. The bakery has improved over the past year, and the location is great near downtown Oak Park. The only problem is the city seems to be taking away all of our parking, so it's not easy just to pull over and grab something at Prairie Bread any more. But, I highly recommend this for coffee and a snack.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

We stopped in for a quick breakfast and were blown away! The food was fabulous as was the coffee. The young man who served us was friendly, fast, and courteous.

Reviewed 2 December 2015

Quick stop for lunch. A few choices for sandwiches - the bread is really delicious. Soups were hot and filling - great on a chilly day. Even the little kids enjoyed their grilled cheese sandwiches.