“Quaint setting”

Serenitea Cafe and Boutique
Ranked #53 of 141 Restaurants in Oak Park
Reviewed 8 January 2017

A friend and I went for tea on a Groupon. They have a wide selection of tea cups. We each had a white cup and my friend said to me , I was hoping for a designed cup. I asked our server if my friend could have a patterned cup and he was happy to accommodate. It was a beautiful lilac color rose with matching saucer. The tea selection was very good. And the food is made to order! The scones were Hot right out of the oven! Good variety of small sandwiches. The desserts were very interesting- lavender cookies, small apple pies, and green tea cupcakes. We will definitely be back. Plan to spend 2-2 1/2 hours there. Nice atmosphere and talked with both servers and the owner. They even had fancy napkin holders. Ours was in the shape of a traditional tea pot.

Reviewed 27 November 2016

Attended a surprise tea party for a friend today. Serenitea was the perfect place for it. Our table for 8 was prepared with beautiful cups and saucers (each set different). The tea menu was extensive and our waiter Ken was wonderful at giving suggestions. First course was sandwiches and scones which were amazing. I had to leave before the desserts came out but heard they were wonderful as well. Ken did an amazing job keeping things moving and helping by taking some pictures for us as well. I highly recommend Serenitea for a classic afternoon tea.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I took a friend to this tea room on a Friday afternoon using a Groupon. Thought it sounded really nice from comments on the Groupon website. When we got there there were a few tables occupied and all others were used - dirty dishes, messy tableware, etc. Although I had made a reservation for 2 PM our attendant said we'd have to wait for her to clean a table. We waited 15 minutes. Our table setting was lovely, tea sandwiches were very good, but all the other tables stayed messy the whole time (1/12 hours) we were there. The attendant was the only one serving the tables and was dressed like the cleaning lady with jeans and a t-shirt. Although the teas and food were very good and the decorations very nice we were put off by the service. It could be a great tea room!

1  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Having lived in England for 4 years, my wife and I became quite fond of going out for Afternoon Tea. We used to love going to out of the way places, small villages etc, in search of a classic (not plastic) British afternoon tea experience. Serenitea brought back that same classic experience. The sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, preserves and tea selection were spot on and the service was excellent. Right in downtown Oak Park, it's easy to find and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

A delightful tea house that is a bit hidden and off the beaten path. Great selection of teas and very professionally prepared. The scones and cookies are delightful and fresh tasting.