“Best pub and seafood joint in the area”
Review of Poor Phil's

Poor Phil's
Ranked #10 of 146 Restaurants in Oak Park
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We love Poor Phil's! They have a great craft beer selection. The pub serves oysters, shrimp, crab, buffalo wings, big juicy burgers, salads and more. Be sure to try the Firecracker Salad and Da Bomb. It's a great place to watch sports.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Poor Phil's has many, many seafood choices. The fish sandwich is terrific.
In good weather, the outdoor seating is very pleasant.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We come to Poor Phil's on a fairly regular basis, meaning four or five times a year. We usually try to come when the outdoor dining is nice, or if we have an appointment in the area and are looking for dinner afterwards. Our go to are the garlic crab fingers, not to be missed! The clam chowder is usually pretty good, and the sandwiches are about what you would expect from any local restaurant. They have a large beer selection, yet as I don't drink it doesn't mean much to me. The fresh seafood is usually okay, although the past year or so it's been a little hit or miss. I tend to stick with the tried-and-true items , as that's what I want and if I want a great burger there are places like Tom and Eddie's and Red Robin or Big Guys Sausage in Berwyn. Overall a pretty good place and a local stalwart.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

They have been here for a long time and it's simply a nice place to relax, watch a game and enjoy some good food. Phil's has a nice selection of seafood. Good lobster and crab legs. Nice Cajun dishes like gumbo and good grilled sandwiches. The bartenders and servers are friendly and helpful. Lots of locals imbibe here. So sit and relax and enjoy the conversation. I've seen Oak Park native Johnny Galecki stop in for a cold one so you know the place has a good vibe for the home town folk.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

I've been to Poor Phil's a few times, having a friend who lives close by. This time, however, I was part of a larger group all in town for the friend's birthday, and staying in the Carleton next door. To me, this place has a great 'locals' feel, yet is attached to a hotel so clearly has out of towners! We were a large group, not too rowdy (I think), and the service was brilliant throughout the evening. Not a seafood fan, but apparently the oysters were great. The recommended IPA I draft all evening certainly worked for me.

Been to Poor Phil's? Share your experiences!