“Great Pizza, Great Beer, Friendly Staff”

Gullivers Pizza and Pub
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 October 2014

In town for one night. Wanted Chicago style pizza and craft beer. This place was right down the street so I check it out during a Thursday night football game. Sat at the bar, bar tender was very friendly and recommended the Goose Island Green Line Pele Ale. Great beer. Also got a small original deep dish for myself. I only was able to eat 1/2 so it is perfect for 2 normal people. Not crazy thick but great taste and lots of toppings. Well worth the price considering some of the $20+ small deep dish pizzas near by. Lots of HD TV's in the bar area with bar seats and tables. Defiantly check this place out.

1  Thank Chris C

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Parking was crowded. Seated immediately though. Very loud. Slow service. Wonderful salad. Best pizza we have had maybe ever. Light, not greasy crust. Lots of cheese and sauce. Chunks of tomatoes. We had pepperoni and pineapple. It was perfect. They also had a clown doing balloon animals. Our 4 yr old is still talking about him almost a month later. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was back in Chicago for a few days and stayed at the hotel next door to Gullivers. I actually went there twice for pizza because it was so convenient meeting people there. I had the salad and pizza both times. Once the pan pizza and then the other time a thin pizza. Both were very good. The salad was large enough for 4 people and you can choose your own individual salad dressing. Everyday there is some type of beer special. Everyone is very friendly and the service is excellent. I would recommend this casual sports bar if you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Terrible marinara, loud room, below average service. For Chicagoland this place really misses the mark. There are better sports bars around and several authentic Italian restaurants near by.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were staying at the hotel next door and they suggested this place for dinner. I don't normally like sports bars, but this one isn't obnoxious or contrived.

We ordered the pan pizza which I normally am not a fan of the the hotel suggested it. It was really good. It wasn't all dough, it was actual crust, nice and crispy. The spicy sausage was seasoned perfectly, not too hot, just enough to make your mouth warm.

Our server was very friendly, checked on us frequently but without intrusive. I hate that.

I also had a side salad that was really fresh and crispy. Why can't the salads I make at home turn out like that?? My boyfriend ordered the calamari and that was perfection. No tentacles though, just rings. Very tasty and not rubbery at all.