“Great night away”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time away here and the carriage restaurant was amazing, the food was lovely! All of the staff seemed very friendly and helpful. Our room was small but this was not a problem for us as we had read that they were and for the price of the room it is great value (very clean and stocked up with tea and coffee) the one thing I would say is that the bed is very springy and not comfortable, a mattress topper would fix this though. We would come back again.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

What a great find on a mid Saturday afternoon after trying to find somewhere to eat where most places in Somerset had stopped serving at 2:30pm.
A great child friendly pub with a lovely crazy golf course.
Excellent menu with a lovely specials board.
My starter of spicy scallops and a yummy pie for main course turned out to be too filling for me to ask for a pudding.
I must return and choose my courses so that I can try the delicious trio of mousses.
I love the Newsletter showing history of the Bristol and North Somerset Railway and pub menu that you can take home. A great idea.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We decided to re-visit The Old Station Inn after visiting in 2012 and once again enjoyed a sumptuous meal in the converted Pullman Carriage.
We were really well looked after on arrival and our waitress was fantastic and really friendly.
Our meals were very enjoyable but far too much on our plates to finish....although after a break we did manage a desert each !!!
You must put the The Old Station Inn on you wish list and it was a pleasure to chat to Neville and Debbie before we went home.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Going through the pub to the train carriage is not the best start as it's very full of stuff however it's a nice contrast to the train carriage which is quite romantic.

The food exceeded expectations by miles. high standard of presentation and lovely flavours. We had duck and pork and both were top notch. The puds were good but the croissant bread and butter was underwhelming compared to the crumble. Also a nicely kept pint and good wines.

All in all good value quality meal with a potential for either romance or nerdy joy - take your pick.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Had a lovely meal here with friends who live nearby. The restaurant is lovely and the railway carriage is gorgeous and a lovely quirky place to dine. The food was delicious and there was a couple of vegetarian options. Service was very good. The only disappointment was the price of the vegetarian meals for the size of them compared to the price of the meat based meals for the size. I had a stuffed butternut squash which didn't really fill me up and was £12, other meat based meals for around the same price looked much bigger!