“Worth the drive!”

The Blackhawk Steak Pit
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Oregon
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether it's a day trip from Chicago or a weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big city, Oregon is less than 2 hours away from Chicago and offers many outdoor activities. Its a great place to visit. The Steakpit offers amazing hospitality and awesome food. Specializing in steaks cooked over an open charcoal pit. We also offer a fresh fish of the week. We have a different fresh fish flown in every week. (Call and ask what our fish of the week is, if you are a seafood lover) The Steakpit has been a staple in the community for over 3 decades. We are known for our steaks but our menu has a lot more than just steaks to offer.
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Wonderful staff and mind blowing steaks make this a repeat stop for our family on special occasions!

2  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I'll start with a positive, everyone was super nice and helpfull. Food was no way worth the price and I've had better steak at a Ponderosa or Quincy's for $8.95. I've eaten a lot steaks and I'll have to say this was absolutely one of the worst. I don't believe the steaks they are dishing out would make the "on sale" select grade at your local grocery store. First the steaks are on display in a glass refrigerator case. They all had discoloration which isn't that alarming since overlapping them can discolor the contact areas. We had the porterhouse and the sirloin. Ordered the porter medium rare plus and the sirloin medium rare. Sirloin made it out ok the other missed the temperature by almost double. I had to send it back. Just dry and flavorless. The replace was just the opposite. Still mooooing. Still cool and down right cold closer to the bone. The cheff was standing over me asking if was ok before he shut the grill off. I just kept it, it was late and they were trying to clean up and get out. Steak had zero flavors and nothing going for it. I asked for A1, my son said "that must be bad if you asked for A1" , yep it is. Remember the not alarming discolored steaks... Not alarming until your steak taste just a little funny. I had to spit it out. That was the last bite for me. I did try my son's sirloin that he could not finish It had at least some flavor but a few bites in I got that funny tang taste and that was it for that one. I gave the waitress 18% as she was super nice. She said they had good water, straight out of some river, turns out it was the highlight of the meal.

3  Thank frederick b
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Have eaten here multiple times since my last review a year ago. It just never, ever disappoints, and our opinion is as good as it was last year, it is even better now. My pork chop was the juiciest I have ever had and though not on the menu if you ask for the deep fried cod (my wife did), you will experience something akin to famous Wisconsin fish fry.
All the food was awesome, server Theresa delivered perfect service, and as always Jane the bartender had a 'new' drink for us to sample. This time it was a macadamia nut martini. Awesome! Keep it up Tiff and Team, you guys rock!!!
ps - this is the only restaurant I have experienced where after dinner you are just as stuffed as you can be and food should no longer smell appealing....it still does. Makes you wish you could have dinner all over again!

4  Thank bso54
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Enjoyed a delicious prime rib dinner here, cooked to perfection and served by a professional waiter. Owner checked in with us regarding our meal.

2  Thank Shan H
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I feel fortunate to live so close to a place that does steak this well. Very cozy and a great place to bring a date. I feel for the quality of meat you get it is priced fair. Fresh salad bar included with your meal and the Texas toast on the grill is a nice touch, I like to order my steak topped with the olive oil and garlic which gives it a great finish! The service is always great and they have a nice selection.

2  Thank johnnyknox