“Craving a steak.”

The Blackhawk Steak Pit
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Oregon
Price range: US$13 - US$24
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether it's a day trip from Chicago or a weekend getaway from the hustle and bustle of the big city, Oregon is less than 2 hours away from Chicago and offers many outdoor activities. Its a great place to visit. The Steakpit offers amazing hospitality and awesome food. Specializing in steaks cooked over an open charcoal pit. We also offer a fresh fish of the week. We have a different fresh fish flown in every week. (Call and ask what our fish of the week is, if you are a seafood lover) The Steakpit has been a staple in the community for over 3 decades. We are known for our steaks but our menu has a lot more than just steaks to offer.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was fabulous, it is always tender and juicy. I will be going back! The service is outstanding and everyone is so friendly.
Years ago I use to go and enjoy a nice dinner with my sweetie. Then the other night I got it in my head that I needed to taste the same satisfaction. So I called my sister and invited her and her husband to join me for dinner.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

Dimly lit, smells great. The staff here is awesome, the food is awesome. I was with a group of 40. I had the bacon wrapped scallops for an appetizer with a top sirloin and loaded baked potato. We all ordered at the same time and were mostly served at the same time. I haven't heard any bad comments. My dinner was great, the steak exactly as I ordered. The dessert sounded really good, but, I had no room.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here from a recommendation from the hotel we were staying at. She told us that this place is consistently great and she was right. My boyfriend had the filet mingon which was so juicy and tender. I had the shrimp scampi which was also so flavorful. I would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Were traveling the back roads of Illinois and stumbled on the black hawk steak pit and were so glad we did. The entrees were excellent, something you wouldn't expect when you first walk in.

1  Thank CityCamping101
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This is a great place for good food. If you have allergies or asthma you may want to go early. Through the night it gets a bit smoky. The steaks are great.

1  Thank kdk9