“Great breakfast ”

Spring Valley Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Oregon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I stopped in after work and had the Country ham and cheese omelet smothered in sausage gravy. It was better than what I expected! I'll be back.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for dinner one night. I had two smothered chop steak special and my wife had a Gyros. Both came with soup and salad bar. The smothered chop steak was ginormous with more than I could eat in one sitting. My wife's girls was very tasty and they gave you plenty. I was very tempted to have one of their fresh pies for dessert but didn't have enough room. We will definitely go back there.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank rossk257
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We dropped in for dinner after church. First impressions:
Carpet - Dirty, matted down, just grimy.
Dead fly on the table
Seat yourself
Flat Screen TV
Okay, not so good first impressions.

This seems to be a mom-and-pop type restaurant to me. The menus are well-worn, and have hand-written notes in some of them with the specials.

So, we got settled, moved the fly elsewhere, and waited a few minutes. Our waitress came by and got our drink order, and then back again with the drinks for the food order.

My wife had the fried walleye (they have a Friday fish special, and had the walleye left over - the waitress had to check), and I had their Caesar Chicken Wrap.

The walleye was plentiful, and was served with mashed potatoes and gravy. The walleye was good, and the mashed potatoes appeared to be real, not from a box. The vegetables appeared to be from a can by their texture.

I had the Caesar Grilled Chicken wrap. It was tasty, but I've never seen a Caesar sauce like this - a lot of it ended up in a puddle on the plate. So, I wouldn't suggest that. The fries were okay.

The whole bill was <$25 with tip, which isn't bad considering. This place is pretty much your average greasy spoon. They did have wifi.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank AvWriter
Reviewed 30 May 2017

This place is basically a step up from a Denny's. The same kind of menu, seating, service. The food quality itself may be a bit better than your average Denny's, but not uniformly. For example, I had their biscuits and gravy farmer's breakfast (including eggs, sausage, and hash browns). The gravy was really only so-so while the eggs were, well, your basic over-easy eggs (prepared correctly) and the sausage was average too. Price was OK.

It looked to be a fairly busy place on a Sunday morning with lots of locals (including a lot of police,) so perhaps considered one of the better local options. Still, to me, basically just a step up from a Denny's.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank GoneOffTheGrid
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Great stop for a weekend breakfast outing. Great omelets. Local gathering place for the locals and morning coffee clutches.

Date of visit: March 2016