“Very Good Sushi for the midwest”

Blufish Sushi Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blufish Sushi Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Park Ridge
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2017

This is a very cozy restaurant tucked away in a small shopping center just off of Northwest Hwy & Touhy. Look for Holihan's and it's hidden behind there. They have an excellent offering of nigiri and sashimi as well as non-fish dishes. We had a tempura appetizer and the ponzu was pretty close to perfect. Two of us had their Sushi B platter and one had a cooked fish dish. The rainbow roll is filled with a somewhat spicy mixture so be advised. With the traditional miso and salad we all came away very full for a very reasonable price. The Good selection of sake, beer, wine, and cocktails as well. Will definitely go back or maybe try their Glenview location.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Nice clean atmosphere. The food is fresh and served appropriately. I would not rate this as the best sushi I have ever had, but it is above average. If you are looking for upscale experience , this is not it. This is your night out at the movies or casual get together.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

this restaurant has very good food and service. I'm not a sushi eater but they do have cooked fish, chicken and other items on the menu. I had fresh fish and also chicken egg fried rice as a side dish that was very good as well

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Food was good- our table location wasn't great overlooking the parking lot- service was spotty- cost was too high

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Wow. I ate there last night for the first time and was blown away. I had several different rolls and every one had very fresh fish. It has one of the largest roll selections I have seen of any Sushi restaurant. Staff was fantastic. I was with a friend I had not seen in about a year and we were seated for 2.5 hours. At no time did we ever feel rushed to leave. Very clean and modern. I will be going there again.