“teens, adults and the grandma say yum”
Review of Childers Eatery

Childers Eatery
Ranked #18 of 414 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 March 2018

A party of 2 teens, 4 adults and a grandma found this place cute and yummy. (They have an outside and inside seating area, if you have a preference) At 11:30 am, we were given a both a breakfast menu and a lunch menu. The fried green tomato BLT had a great mayo, good bacon and tasty bread -- considered the favorite of lunch. The pork tenderloin sandwich was twice a wide as the bun, but my mom was able to eat it all anyway and really liked it. The pancakes were fluffy and good but I like my waffles crispy on the exterior and these were not, but they has a good flavor described as a sugar cookie flavor. The eggs beny selection was nice and I chose the florentine which I liked. I got the side salad as the side and it was half lettuce and half onions and broccoli which other people at the table enjoyed. I will definitely go back to try more menu items and the full bar that we didn't use....the ice tea was too good to switch to another beverage.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This was my 4th visit and won't return. Food is mediocre and hostess/wait staff are not friendly. This has happened on each visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We got to Childers Eatery on N. University around 1pm on a Sunday and there was no wait. I ordered the southwest omelette with toast and hash browns. A really good taste and just the right amount of food. My wife had the skillet. Her comment....."I'd order it again!" Waffles, pancakes, and a cheeseburger was what the rest of the family ordered. Everyone was very satisfied with all of their choices. Son #1 was not in favor as he had another local favorite in mind....but he was very pleased and voted to "go back again!" Paying by credit card was all done at the table with one of those hand held gizmo's. Easy and quick. We'll definitely go back. Too many good looking items on the menu!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

If you're in Peoria ... on business or like me visiting Bradley University, make sure you go to Childers Eatery for breakfast!

They have a huge menu of all your favorites, plus some local twists to really send you over the top!! I loved my eggs Benedict which was poached eggs over biscuits and gravy and remarkable seasoned bacon!!

My daughter had the blueberry with peach waffles ... just tremendous breakfast comfort food.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Solid choice for breakfast or brunch in Peoria. We enjoyed the Greek Omelet, Scramble w/ links, and the multi-grain pancakes were superb! Reasonably priced and excellent service!