“Great Burgers And Atmosphere”

Ulrich's Rebellion Room
Ranked #43 of 415 Restaurants in Peoria
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had read on-line that Ulrich's Rebellion Room was voted the best downtown pub in 2013. I finally made it there this past weekend. They open at 4:00 on Saturday and I arrived around 5:30. There were a few people there and we had no trouble finding somewhere to sit. The vibe is of al old neighborhood Irish bar. It isn't anything fancy, but I felt so comfortable with the atmosphere. They have a good selection of beers (and a cider!) on tap. There was also an extensive list of bottled beer. I'm sure everyone can find something.

My husband ordered the horseshoe and I ordered a cheeseburger. It was so good! It is char-grilled and that flavor really came out. They have fresh cut fries which were also tasty. I'm looking forward to trying other items on the menu!

We wound up staying much longer than we anticipated. We left at 10:00pm. By that time the place was full and getting pretty loud. The Saturday night party crowd was there.

I am sorry that I waited so long to come here. I will definitely be back!!!!!

3  Thank lizzzg

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We go to Ulrichs for their great burgers and fries. A big flat top griddle is right in the middle of the bar and the sounds of the food cooking makes your mouth water. It is an exceptional old time bar design with original tin ceiling, dark carved wood and the bar running the length of the building with comfortable booths. Love their burgers and fries. They are some of the best in town.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have stopped in several times during the past 5 years and always find this place very friendly. Cold beer at reasonable prices and the food is good too. Not a big place but it has a really nice feel and atmosphere.

2  Thank JerryDecatur_ILUSA