“Fabulous Classic Diner, Great Homemade Root Beer”

Igloo Mobile Home Court
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Peru
Reviewed 30 May 2015

My Family and I came in twice while visiting the area, one to eat dessert and one to eat dinner. Each time they served great food! Their pies are amazing, I would highly recommend having one for dessert. I had the hamburger dinner, their burgers are quite small but flavorful and delicious. The fries are alright (nothing special) and they don't give you much for a salad (just the leaves), but for $5.50 you really can't complain. Also, I am not a soda drinker by any means but I had to try their homemade root beer and it is simply amazing. Great flavor and they serve it in an ice cold mug. Definitely stop by to eat something here if you are in the area. You won't regret it.

Reviewed 19 November 2014

I came here as a boy growing up in the area. And I still take great pride in the fact I have brought my children here to enjoy what I did as a kid. Although ownership has changed hands, the new owner is a large part of why I like the new Igloo better. When you walk into this fine establishment, its the same as I remember it in 1978. And the food and service is the same, if not better. I have always been a big fan of the standard cheeseburger they serve alongside a rootbeer. What reels me in still after all these years are those fries! Best ever. I have tried their chili and it doesn't meet the mark in my book that everyone seems to brag about. I hope in time I can say Ive tried their tenderloin. Either way, when you come in you cant help but feel a part of the past of this amazing restaurant. I especially like looking at the large map to see where all have travelled from to experience The Igloo. Dont forget to buy an Igloo shirt too before leaving!

Reviewed 29 September 2014

They are known for there pork tenderloins, tender and lightly breaded, but have so much more. The chili on a cold day warms you up. The fries are thin and crispy. From sodas to shakes to cherry cola. Homemade pies. Nothing better small hometown cooking. Been coming here for years, they have a following as there is a map to show where all are from. When in town there number is on seed dial.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Igloo opened on the 4th of July in 1937. The fact that this simple restaurant has been a landmark in the area since 1937 tells the story. Simple, good food. Great prices. FANTASTIC pork tenderloin!

1  Thank menbx5
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not many places like the Igloo still exist. I have been enjoying their Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches and fresh cut French fries for over 50 years. In fact my 95 year old mother-in-law used to come here before she was married. I often see people there I haven't seen in years. It is that kind of place. The menu is typically sandwiches, fries and soup with a big helping of nostalgia.

1  Thank Jim C

Been to Igloo Mobile Home Court? Share your experiences!