“Consistently good!”
Review of HopScotch & Vine

HopScotch & Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
HopScotch & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Plainfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Great place for dinner with friends, birthdays, etc. Their burgers and pot roast are awesome! Great wine selection and martinis. This place deserves local support.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

...there were a couple issues with us. First, nice ambiance, excellent menu, very good food and excellent service. So, what's the problem? Not sure if we're being nit picky here but there are a couple things that just don't happen at any of the last 100 or so restaurants we've been to. We were asked to take our silverware off our plates every time there was a course change (not all places give clean silver between courses, but they usually just do it). We were given boxes so that we could have the privilege of boxing our own leftovers. Seriously? We eat out a good 75 times a year and I can't remember the last time I boxed leftovers; maybe McDonald's? Sorry, McDonald's - this is not a poke at you. Third...my wife asked for water. We know restaurants don't automatically give you water anymore, but when one person requests it, the server usually asks the rest of the table. Again, our server was great - we think these are management policies, not her lack of skill. Am I being picky? I admit the possibility that I am - that doubt allows me to give it 4 out of 5. Really, this could be a great restaurant though.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

A quick stop here told us why we love this place. Great menu, wonderful setting, and warm staff. Some recent menu changes are great. Drink selection is always nice and features good variety. A great place to join on a cold winter night.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Loved the stuffed burgers, everyone at our table of 6 was satisfied with their food. Will dine here again.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We had a group of 6 to celebrate a birthday and were looking for someplace special. The place is small, but cozy. It's decorated nicely. However, because it is small, it was very noisy for conversation. They have a man playing the keyboard in this small room, and though the music was nice, it filled the room. So, conversing was a challenge, We could not hear what was said at either end of the table. Finally, we asked if he could just turn the sound down a little bit. He became very insulted , and did not turn it down. Other diners must have found it loud, too, or maybe they were just loud talkers, but for the few tables filled, it was noisy in there. When we were the only table left, he eventually gave up and went to the bar, but, not before stopping at our table to say"it's NOT too loud". The food was quite expensive for the quality of it. My pot pie was $16 , it had puff pastry on top only, not much chicken at all, lots of peas, no carrots or potatoes. Burgers were good, and reasonably priced. Side dishes were expensive, though, and the portions not that big. We got past that and on to dessert . The red velvet cake very good, large piece, $12. Carrot cake, same price, very dry. Cheesecake, just an average size piece, nothing special about it , same price. Drinks very expensive. Service slow, but I think the server may have been the only one there. Time for food to be prepared, pretty slow. Would I ever go back or recommend it? No