“Catchy name”
Review of The Appletree Cafe

The Appletree Cafe
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Pontiac
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Food is usually cold to lukewarm. good coffee; friendly atmosphere, but wouldn't make a special trip to eat there.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

An OK cafe. Just what we needed.....a couple of quick pastries and soft drinks and a place to sit and talk a bit.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

There are no pictures for a reason. The atmosphere is dark and depressing. The service was slow and inattentive. My BLT sorely lacked bacon, tasted only mayo and the bread was smashed. Lemon pie was okay. Husband ordered a burger and it was okay, also.

Second trip to Pontiac and we both wished we had returned to Edinger's Filling Station. Much better overall experience and food.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Lunch is good and save room for the pie. A tip: order pie when ordering lunch and have them set the slice to the side because you could miss out on what you wanted. It goes fast.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

OK, this is very important.... they are well know for their pies- my first time there, the first words out of my parents mouths were "what kind of pie today?" I was like, "wait shouldn't we order lunch first?" but, oh no! I was told you have to get your pie order in first, before all the good slices are taken! Anyway, the food is all home-cooked and folksy service. I have only been there for lunch, I don't think they are open for dinner