“amazing filet minion in a nice peaceful setting”
Review of BoodaLu Steakhouse

BoodaLu Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Classic yet casual steakhouse. Serving premium steaks, chops and fish.
Reviewed 6 July 2016

My wife and I went there for our anniversary, and the meal was excellent. We both had filet, her's basted in a crusted butter and mine was served with a nice blue cheese sauce. I must say that it's 1 of the best filets I've ever had. Good wedge salad, twice baked potato, and we even had escargot in bella mushroom caps. They were pretty tasty as well. Atmosphere is just dark enough to be nice and cozy. My wife had a couple dry martini's, and they were spot on. I did have to wait once for a refill on my drink (water), but not long. It's pretty pricey, but was a very enjoyable meal. I'd also note that the owner came around a few times to make sure that everything was just right. We'd go back again.

2  Thank IllinoisRiverRat

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Our experiences at BoodaLu's have been fantastic (my husband and I have visited multiple times). Not only is the food delicious, the steak is cooked perfectly to order and the house-made salad dressing is fresh and flavorful. The environment inside BoodaLu's is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. And the valet parking is a special, personal touch. This steakhouse is a beautiful and welcomed addition to the Quincy community.

2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 27 June 2016

Had wanted to experience this steakhouse with the stellar reviews. A 49th wedding anniversary seemed the right time to indulge. Went for lunch and were not disappointed! (well, i would have liked the heavy drapes next to our table opened)
I had checked out the online menu ahead of time, so knew I was getting the filet and it was excellent! The sugar snap peas were slightly seared and cooked perfectly. My husband had the Muddy Dog Chowder along with the Angel Hair Pasta with artichokes and shrimp special and special it was! We had excellent service from Valerie and the owner, Cathy, who came to our table to introduce herself. What truly nice people! And, the bagged chocolate chip cookies were a sweet treat!! BoodaLu is the place to dine if you want a warm welcome and outstanding food!! Was worth the 1 1/2 hour drive!

1  Thank Carol K
Michael B, Owner at BoodaLu Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Carol, I'm glad you had a good dining experience at my restaurant. I thought I would tell you why the thermal drapes are closed. When it is sunny and hot in Quincy, this 144 year old uninsulated building can heat up making it hard to keep it cool for our patrons. Even though I replaced two rooftop AC's with new models and added 3 additional AC's we can struggle a bit with keeping the dining room at 72 degrees. The thermal curtains keep the sun out but do block the views. We believe comfort trumps view in this case. Thank you for your feedback and do come back again.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

This was the first time I have visited here and I was amazed. It was so clean even the restrooms the staff were extremely friendly and the food was delicious my compliments to the chef!!

1  Thank 01Freckles
Reviewed 7 June 2016

While on business I stopped in for a meal, and what a meal! The steak was without dought the best I've had! The fillet was perfectly cooked and very well priced for the quality. A big thanks to Mike for making me feel welcome, and on my return to Quincy, it will be the first place I stop. Barry from the UK.

1  Thank bprecision

Been to BoodaLu Steakhouse? Share your experiences!