“Nice steakhouse”

BoodaLu Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Classic yet casual steakhouse. Serving premium steaks, chops and fish. Excellent Service and Delicious Food. Beautiful restored 1872 building located next to the Mississippi River.
Reviewed 30 March 2017

Was in Quincy for a short visit and the client suggested dinner at BoodaLu on a Tuesday night.

Wasn't crowded, so able to get seated immediately. Seems pretty spacious with a large bar area as well, so don't think there would be a problem getting dinner during the week. Guessing it may be popular on the weekends as it is a nice restaurant.

I ordered a ribeye. Came out prepared as ordered, very nice cut of meat, good quality. If I went again, I'd order the finishing butter on the side (was a generous amount, maybe a bit too much for my liking). Choice of a starch and vegetable. The spinach was so-so, would probably try the asparagus next time. Steak fries were good. Colleagues had pasta dishes, which were huge...neither finished. Salads were fresh, house dressing (italian) was tasty.

Overall, satisfied. Very generous portions at reasonable (mid-range) prices. Nice ambience, quiet enough to have a conversation without raising your voice. Owner walked around and greeted tables throughout the night. Fast service too.

Dessert menu (many different cheesecakes) sounded good but we were all too stuffed.

Worth trying if you are in Quincy and like steak and/or pasta.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

We had a bachelorette party dinner here recently and were blown away. A beautiful view of the Mississippi and really cool atmosphere upstairs in the private room. Most of us had the filet and it was incredible. So tender you could cut it with a butter knife. I also had Cesar salad, which was delicious. Everything is made from scratch and the staff is great. The owner even stopped by to tell the bride congratulations.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Great food with great atmosphere! Great venue for special occasions. A friend had a rehearsal dinner here and it was very very nice!!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I travel 75% of the time for business and often sit at the bar to dine alone. I have never experienced such amazing service and FOOD!!! Originally from Houston, a food meca for steak, I would chose BoodaLu's over any we have down south. I have had steak, fish, salads, shellfish, and fresh made soups at BoodaLu's that are all are to die for. As a self proclaimed foodie I am picky about my food but I know everytime I walk in I am going to enjoy myself no matter what I order. I highly recommend BoodaLu's to anyone....and if we had one in Houston I would never leave. :)

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Exceptional meal! Great wine selection! Very nice for those special romantic dinner for two and business dinners.

Been to BoodaLu Steakhouse? Share your experiences!