See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Was told on the phone when I made my reservation that this used to be a Best Western, but the owner decided a few years ago to discontinue paying the franchise fees (or something like that) but that it was still the same motel as before. Ah ya, I don't think so. It was pretty run down from any Best Western I've recently stayed in. There is no elevator to the second floor. The concrete stair steps have swollen up from the winter ice and has made a hump in every step. Though they are painted yellow and orange to state that they are hazardous, they are dangerous if your hands are full with luggage or things. My bed had the loudest squeak in it even when you just rolled over. The safety latch on the door was broken. The small towels were clean, but it appeared to me that the wash clothes were brand new and never washed (didn't smell like bleach and the tags were still new). And finally, the gfci popped when I was drying my hair. Really? I didn't have the hair dryer in the water. Worked fine after reset.
I didn't try the breakfast since Otts diner is a got to go to place in Rantoul.
For the price and inconvenience, I'll stay somewhere else next time I am traveling.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor if you have lots of luggage
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We visit family in the area at Thanksgiving so just need a basic clean hotel to stay in overnight. For years this was our go-to hotel, but the last few years it's just become a sad place. This last visit was our last. How is it bad? Let me count the ways. 1. Cable channels wouldn't come in. We asked them to fix it the next morning but nothing changed. 2. An outlet sparked when we tried to use it. 3. A light wouldn't come on. 4. The "new" bedspread looks like it belongs in a homeless shelter and had a greasy stain near the top. It made me a little queasy. 5. The wallpaper is peeling. 6. The bed wasn't properly made, and given all the other issues I even wondered whether the sheets had been changed. 7. The in-room coffee tastes both dusty and metallic. It all adds up to no more visits for us. A new Holiday Inn Express is being built and we'll stay there next year.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016

This was the nastiest room I have ever had to stay in. All baseboards were black with filth, food between night stand and bed, bugs in floor, cob webbs, etc. We were in town for a convention/show. All hotels were booked, so we didn't think we had any choice. Next time, I will stay in Champaigne and drive 10 miles. Our room was on the back side. We had friends stay in room on front side closer to lobby. Their room appeared to be cleaner than ours. Nevertheless, will never stay here again! Pics posted.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of hotel appear cleaner.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 4 April 2016

This might be a good hotel in the Middle East but its terrible here. By far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and we had the two bedroom suite which was supposed to be the best room in the place. If you want a disgusting place to stay, then this place is for you.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2015

Visiting family in Rantoul Illinois for two days. Due to health issues with mother in-law, we decided to stay at one of the local motels. The Magnuson Hotel was our choice. The room smelled stale. Wall outlets so worn we had trouble keeping charging cords plugged in.

Room Tip: Got better WiFi speed when I connected to the hotel next door. :-)
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family