“The worst Hotel I ever stayed in”
Review of Motel 6 Rockford

Motel 6 Rockford
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Lots of spiders, Stained sheets and comforters with holes as well. The hallways littered with garbage I don't think they own a vacuum cleaner. Floor was sticky. Bathroom dirty. I found hair in my sheets. Toilet would not flush and hotel could not find a plunger. Overall bad deal. August 2017

Room Tip: don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a clean comfortable place to sleep on a cross country drive that didn't break the bank. This was it! Also had an up to date tv. Walking distance to a couple of restaurants, easy access from the interstate, perfect!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I won't waste time here... this is the worst hotel in every way. Even the mice were trying to leave. I felt depressed after staying here for a few days afterward. Thank goodness for Portillos and chocolate cake..

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

checked in to our room august 5th to august 6th to go to a festival in chicago with friends in rockford, we went out for site seeing before going to bed, we got back to our room about 130 am took a shower and went to bed, i was in one bed my friend was in the other watching cartoons, i woke up because i felt something biting me, so i sat up and saw 2 bed bugs on the sheet and killed them, then i took the blanket off the bed to see if i saw any more, i did`nt so i tried to go back to sleep, lass than 5 minutes later i felt something crawling by my neck, i sat up and saw two more bed bugs coming from the pillow,, it was early in the morning, between 630 and 730 am i had packed all my things in the car then checked out telling the desk person what had happened, said there was nothing she could do and gave me my receipt for the room, then i left, no refund was offered, nothing, i drove back to ohio with no rest, missed our festival due to bed bug bite pain, almost fell asleep at the wheel on the way home,
my friend raveena is a young adult with autism, who also had bites, i made sure her trip was not wasted so i took her to the beach were she went skateboarding and to the gym because she is a gymnast and a amazing person

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Guest, We take bed bugs reports very seriously and sincerely apologize for your experience. Please know that we are on high alert regarding this issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them. We have designed a thorough and strict procedure to address all complaints or potential issues within our hotel. Unfortunately, bed bugs are a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, traveling easily in luggage and clothing. This is why we continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs and have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are discovered on our premises. No room gets released until we have an all-clear from them. Please contact our guest relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to better address this situation. Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

My husband booked a two night stay for my birthday. Upon arrival we went to our room which smelled horrible. We bag an to look around and I saw flies and bugs flying around. I looked at the bed and there were burn holes in the pillows, dirt smears in the sheets and stains on the sheets. I looked at the bathroom and a light was burned out and there were burn stains all over the sink. We immediately went to the front desk and were told because it took us longer than 30 minutes we would get no refund... we were out 150.00!!!! The receptionist refused to do anything and said the room had just been cleaned. I guess we learned a lesson to never stay at a motel 6!!! We are going to dispute the charges but as I have seen simplistic reviews as to the same exact situation with no response we probably won't get far. I can't believe they get away with this!

Stayed: August 2017
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Sandra, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.