“Super customer service! Wonderfully comfortable beds!”

Comfort Inn Rockford
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Rockford
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My husband had to work in the Rockford IL area to help with some storms that had just gone through and I had been calling around for a hotel room for him. Amber, the manager, was so helpful. As he was going to be staying several weeks, I had tried to negotiate a better rate than was published and she was the only hotel in that area that would agree to work with me on that. Also, he had to check out for a few days to go to a different location and this hotel had booked up during that time and we found out that his former room was not going to be available when he got back. Once again, Amber came to the rescue! She put him on a waiting list and as there were cancellations, she was able to book him back into the same room for the rest of his stay. This was important to my husband and he has been in that situation before and he kept having to change rooms, which is very inconvenient. She went way above and beyond to be of help to us in my opinion. In addition, the room was great! I was able to spend the last few days of his trip with him and that bed and those pillows had to be the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. The hot breakfasts are very good too. We are giving this hotel 5 stars due to the comfort of the room and the amazing helpful staff and especially Amber that made my husband's and my stay extremely pleasant. (No we are not related and I am not being paid to write this review!)

Room Tip: Choose top floor if you don't want to hear guests above you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2017

Thank you for the kind words!
We appreciate your business. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your husband. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Rockford.

Amber Thompson
Front Desk Supervisor
Comfort Inn Rockford
815-398-7061

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Very nice outside appearance of the property is excellent. If you are a light sleeper select a room on the front side of the hotel. The furniture & carpet in my first floor room was a bit worn...perhaps 2nd floor rooms are in better shape. Overall a good, safe property away from the hustle & bustle of Owensboro.

Room Tip: Rooms on front side of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 30 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Safe travels,
Amber Thompson
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We were initially booked at Motel 6, but the room was horrible, so we immediately checked out. We were pretty desperate to find another room so we drove to the Comfort Inn, as we know people who've said good things about it. Amber scrambled to accommodate us for the 3 nights we needed. The only thing available was a suite, which we could not afford. But Amber worked it out for us, giving us such a great deal, that we were able to stay. The room is very clean, & nice, & roomy of course. I will be telling everyone I know to use this hotel. Awesome experience!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melayna G
Management response:Responded 20 May 2017

Thank you for letting us know you had a great experience. Amber is a great employee as is all our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

I unfortunately checked in late, past the time to cancel before they charged me for a night, and had to suffer through a night in this hell hole. To start, Nakia, who saw the disgust on my face said I got a great rate on the room which was less than what they normally charge. My reply was the rate I received should be their normal rate minus a few dollars. The hotel has a bad odor, the rooms carpet was horrendous and the bathroom was less inviting. The sink was partially detached from the wall and the countertop was peeling. I think a lower rated hotel within all US hotels would have been more suited than this place. I'm extremely disappointed in this Choice Hotel. I actually felt ill at the thought of staying in this place overnight. My suggestion to everyone is to pay 10 or 20 more dollars elsewhere, this hotel rates as a slum in my opinion.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 May 2017

Dear Denise,

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Nakia, did talk with me immediately after your check-in while I was in the office. I explained to her to contact me directly should you need any further assistance or to call for any issues you may of had.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had.

We hope to see you again soon!

Comfort Inn-Rockford, IL.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Recently we stayed here for a soccer tournament. The hotel is in desperate need of an updating but the customer service we received was excellent. The general manager Dee was awesome. Our boys had played a pretty rough game in the mud and she offered to wash and dry their uniforms for us. She was very helpful in answering our questions and helping us find a place for the parents to eat while the boys stayed and had pizza in the lobby. They were very accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Dee K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Rockford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Dearest Guest,