All reviews room was clean small area hotel is in a great location waffle maker would stay again easy access off the highway staff was friendly amber walmart
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The hotel needs an update. Room smelled very damp and musty. Carpet was very worn and there were melted marks on the sink from a cigarette smoker in years past. Hotel charges for a room safe and wouldn't take it off the bill. That said- the pillows were excellent.

About 20 cable channels. Not all the ones you'd expect. I didn't use the hotel's internet.

For the amount I paid, this is not a good value, and I would not choose to stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 9 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We apologize for any issues you may have come across. We will let you in on a little secret. We are gearing up to remodel. I hope this helps and do look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Good little hotel.Good value for the price. You get exactly what you paid for. Good breakfast. Nice staff, very helpful. Pretty nice pool. Good location easy to get to from 90 94. Easy on, easy off. Would stay at again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 July 2017

Thank you for completing our survey. It's great to see what the guests have to say about their stay whether positive or negative. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and yes we are in a great location, thank you!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is probably the poorest Comfort Inns my wife and I have stayed in. Some aspects were typical of Comfort Inns, such as the bed was firm and comfortable, the room was average size and reasonably quiet, and the staff members at the front desk were pleasant. The breakfast was average for a Comfort Inn. But, the entire facility was in a poor state of repair. The carpets in all the halls and elevator was extremely dirty, the bathroom sink dripped water continuously, the cover for the toilet tank was broken, the finish on the bathroom door was badly deteriorated, an arm on the desk chair was separated from the frame, etc., etc. In short, there were numerous indications that this hotel is not being maintained adequately. The Wi-Fi was so slow as to be essentially unusable. My wife and I gave up trying after about 20 minutes the evening we checked in. We had the same experience the next morning before checking out. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark Y
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Dearest Guest

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
We would like to share with you a little news.

The hotel is planning to remodel soon. We are in the beginning phase. We apologize and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My mom and I love Rockford and visit frequently. We had made a reservation for Comfort Inn Rockford via reservations.com, but when we arrived at the hotel, there was not a room available for us. Despite having a confirmation email from reservations.com, the hotel was unable to help us. They had overbooked the hotel for the weekend and probably gave our room to someone else. They did not offer any consolation coupons, discounts, or other offers to help remedy the situation. And worst of all, my mom ended up having to dispute with her credit card company about a lingering charge from Comfort Inn on her statement a month after our trip. Do NOT recommend!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 19 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your concerns. Rest assured we are looking into this and we sincerely apologize. On line booking tend to overbook us without contacting us, again we apologize. I hope you don't let this discourage you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

My husband had to work in the Rockford IL area to help with some storms that had just gone through and I had been calling around for a hotel room for him. Amber, the manager, was so helpful. As he was going to be staying several weeks, I had tried to negotiate a better rate than was published and she was the only hotel in that area that would agree to work with me on that. Also, he had to check out for a few days to go to a different location and this hotel had booked up during that time and we found out that his former room was not going to be available when he got back. Once again, Amber came to the rescue! She put him on a waiting list and as there were cancellations, she was able to book him back into the same room for the rest of his stay. This was important to my husband and he has been in that situation before and he kept having to change rooms, which is very inconvenient. She went way above and beyond to be of help to us in my opinion. In addition, the room was great! I was able to spend the last few days of his trip with him and that bed and those pillows had to be the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. The hot breakfasts are very good too. We are giving this hotel 5 stars due to the comfort of the room and the amazing helpful staff and especially Amber that made my husband's and my stay extremely pleasant. (No we are not related and I am not being paid to write this review!)

Room Tip: Choose top floor if you don't want to hear guests above you.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 24 June 2017

Thank you for the kind words!
We appreciate your business. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your feedback. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and your husband. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Rockford.

Amber Thompson