“Great for one night”
Review of The Westin O'Hare

The Westin O'Hare
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
Reviewed 25 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while waiting for our flight the next day. Check in was nice and easy, room was very clean for an early check in. Really bothered by the 12/day Internet price when I can get free wifi at a small little inn in a small town the day before.

Bathroom was really nice, loved the double head shower, but the towels are stored IN the shower, so don't let the water slash too much or your soak them (don't understand why there not just on the corner behind the door)

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)

Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

Like all Westins, this hotel is very clean. Has a friendly staff and has nice Amenaties. It is very close to OHare and easy to find from the freeway. On the downside, parking is relatively expensive ($25) as is Internet access ($12.95). My biggest complaint is there is not 1 plug available in the living area of my room. The only plugs accessible are in the bathroom or closet area just outside the bathroom... No plugs on or near the desk or bed... Unacceptable for this road warrior...

• Stayed: November 2012
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Good Evening,
While we are glad you enjoyed the property we are disappointed that we were unable to provide you with the stress-free and refreshing expereince that we take such pride in providing to our guests. The accessibility of plugs is an issue we have come across more frequently. Please know that we will be going through a large renovation here on property starting in the middle of December. Our renovation will include; our guest rooms, meeting spaces and public areas. We are hoping this concern will be taken care of during the project. I appreciate your honesty and taking the time to let us know where we need to improve. We are unable to offer the highest level of service to our guests without knowing where our flaws lie.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your evening.
Be Well

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nice Westin hotel near O'Hare. A relatively deserted area, there's a new McDonald's next door and a Marriott and office park across Green River Rd. Other than that, it's by itself. Beware, though: their shuttle will ONLY go to O'Hare, and not the five minute drive south to the Convention Center, which was SO frustrating. Instead we had to take a $7 cab ride every time because it was too cold to walk. (Incidentally one night it was so nippy the Doubletree shuttle took us back up to the Westin. Next time we're staying there!)

Also, watch out for the $25/nt parking. Ouch. As an aside, Vicki, the front desk attendant working Saturday night was snippy and rude to my husband, so keep an eye out for her.

Room Tip: 10th floor is for Starwood Preferred Guests (which didn't provide any benefit that we could fin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Good Evening,
I was disappointed to hear that we did not provide you with the refreshing expereince that we strive to provide to each of our guests. I do apologize for any inconvenience the shuttle caused during your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the property, I have forwarded your comments with regards to the shuttle to the Director of Operations so he is aware that this was a concern. I do hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again in the future and expereince a truly Westin worthy stay. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do for you in the future.
Thank you again for your time and your honest feedback.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

If you want service, value and ambiance, then the Westin O’Hare Airport is your destination. Janice at the front desk was refreshing. It is so good (as a frequent traveler) to be greeted and served by a professional. It is obvious that Westin knows how to hire, train and encourage their team. I believe Janice not only loves her job, but is fully committed to serving the customers…. Kudos to a job well done. And to top it off, fast airport pick up and outstanding restaurant service, will draw me back to Westin, everytime I go to Chicago.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest program... they take care of the rest.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Lyss R, Manager at The Westin O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Good Afternoon,
It was such a pleasure reading your incredibly kind words about Janice as well as our property! We are over joyed that we were able to provide a memorable experience for you and look forward to your return to the property. Please know that Janice will be acknowledged for her service because of your wonderful words and taking the time to recognize her.
Thank you again for your time and letting us know about your stay.
Be Well.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I will confess that I have not had the best experiences staying in hotels near busy airports. I am pleased to report that this time was very different. This hotel is conveniently located near the O'Hare airport with a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel which was great. The hotel was extremely well kept and the guest rooms were spacious and clean. Most importantly, the hotel was VERY quiet so I was able to get a good night's sleep which is needed after such a busy day of traveling. I did attend a business meeting while at this location and had the opportunity to experience their meetings rooms and buffet style breakfast and lunches. All were wonderful as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Good Afternoon,
I was thrilled to read your review! We strive to provide the highest level of service and comfort to our guests and we are always excited to hear when we are successful. I'm so glad you had a successful meeting as well as a relaxing night sleep on our Heavenly Beds. I hope you will return to the hotel in the future.
Thank you again for your kind words and have a wonderful evening!
Be Well.