All reviewsfront desknice hotelrooms are largebed was very comfortablepheasant run resorthgilobbystcharlesbedsidefireplacemicrowavejennifereventchicagoaccommodationswedding
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Overall, the hotel is clean and beautiful. The room was wonderful and we even had a patio. The breakfast was outstanding and the omelet chef was courteous and excellent. Check out was not great with a challenging staff person

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We came to a celebration of life in a banquet room and had a very pleasant experience. The hotel had the event clearly marked and the set up was great. There was a champagne, mimosa, bloody mary bar with nice garnishes and the food was varied and delicious. It gave me an option if we need a hotel to stay in the area.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Recently stayed here when in town for a wedding. Hotel has definitely been newly renovated and updated in terms of decor and furnishings. Bed was very comfortable. However, the walls are paper thin. Ask for a room on the upper floor if you don't want to hear every footstep above you and plumbing/conversations from other bathrooms. At night just people passing by our door talking was so loud it seemed as if our door was wide open or not there at all. Luckily I packed earplugs so neither issue kept me from sleeping. Also our refrigerator was not working and I noted this to the front desk staff the day we checked in. He said no one was available to fix it or switch it out for another one even though the hotel did not seem full. We would have to wait until the next day.I checked the front desk before we left for the wedding next day and they said they had a maintenance note issued for it and it would be taken care of that afternoon. (we were only there for two nights) . The next day came and went and no one came to address the issue. Some of the food we had brought and planned to put in the fridge was just in the cooler we traveled with and we had to throw it out. By the time we returned from the wedding reception at night, the fridge had still not been dealt with. At checkout the next morning the front desk agent just said she was sorry for the inconvenience and could offer us a couple extra Hilton Bonus points as compensation. I thought that was fairly lame response. All in all, parking was convenient and we got a good rate and our breakfast was included as a result of the wedding guest package arranged by the family. Towels looked dirty and dingy and no ventilation system whatsoever in the bathroom which made it difficult for two people trying to take consecutive showers and get ready for a wedding with a lot of steam that would not move through. I recommend they install at least a second mirror at the huge desk/dresser/TV area near an electrical outlet so someone could be getting ready while the bathroom is occupied. Large room, just not well planned out for functionality. Nice looking upholstered chair, but very hard and stiff. It's small details like that which make or a break a positive impression and desire to return or recommend a place. You could easily write your name on the inside of the window of the room - and someone had because it was that dirty. Parts of room very clean, others not so much. Just an overall lack of follow through.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2018

I traveled for an event at the Mega Center across the street called Combo Breaker in 2018. While the service was great and the rooms were okay, I was jealous of the people at Pheasant Run Resort. The pool at this resort is small and poorly maintained. The hot tub was broken the entire trip. The weight room had no weights, just running equipment. The bar was okay and the dinner service was cool but I didnt use it and barely saw anyone using it. Pheasant Run across the street had so much more and better quality of things to do. If you are staying here just as a place to sleep it is still quality. Rooms and service are great (besides some mild annoyance I detected at customer service but eh I get how it is). But if you are trying to decide between this and Pheasant Run choose Pheasant Run. It is the better deal and you are getting a much better value staying there. I advise to anyone attending combo breaker to stay Pheasant Run if you can. If you cant this is not a bad alternative and walking distance is actually about the same distance from the mega center. You will get the same room quality but you will not get the same value for your stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Unbelievably quiet room. Very comfy bed. No aches or pains and a solid, restful night's sleep. Front desk employee, Lori, was amazing! Breakfast waitress, Karen, was fabulous! The breakfast was the best ever!! Room was nice and clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family