All reviews golf course jambalaya bourbon street the indoor outdoor pool comedy club new orleans fire pit terrace cafe comedy show grounds are beautiful family reunion this past weekend harvest pools pheasant atrium arcade
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This place reminded me of a family lodge from 1970. It is outdated from top to bottom. Our “nice” rooms in the tower were basic at best.

The “bistro” served their iced coffee from a homemade brew in a lemonade pitcher and scooped the ice from a cooler.

The spa was overpriced and not what we expected for a girls weekend at all. My $60 pedicure was chipping within two days. My friend used a gift card for her services and put the tip on her credit card. They charged her credit card for the entire amount and refused to reverse the charge. She is still disputing the charges.

We will not return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lisa A, Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Angela, I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed in your service. The spa is not aware of the credit card issue you describe. It could be that there was an authorization on the card and that would be dependent on her bank as to when those funds are released. They definitely would correct any billing errors and welcome you back to have your polish redone as it should not be chipping in two days. Please reach out to the spa directly if you would like to reschedule or if you are still experiencing issues with your billing.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I can't comment on the quality of the resort itself, or the grounds or the rooms. That's because their customer service was so terrible, we never got to see the place.

We booked two rooms with only 4 days notice because of a last-minute trip to the area. We called the day before to see if we could cancel because of another change with our trip. They said they required 48 hour notice. That's annoying, but understandable, and our fault for not reading the small print. So, we kept the rooms, but moved the reservation from Wed night to a Thurs night. it felt like they could have been more understanding given that all of this was last-minute. Even airlines do that, when they charge you high rates under 7 days notice. Then, on Thursday, when we called again to check on something, it turns out they never processed the date change. So, from their perspective we were a "no show" and had totally lost the rooms and the $600 we paid. Now we went from annoying to pissed off. My wife was so frustrated at the lack of understanding, or lack of apology, and total lack of customer service . . . that she just hung up. There were a lot of things they could have done to help us with this situation. But, sounds like their either have incompetent/uncaring reservation staff, or they just wanted our money.

Either way, we are not happy and cannot recommend this place. Book at your own risk

Trip type: Travelled with family

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. We cannot find a reservation that matches your description and our staff is not familiar with your issue. I'm sorry it was a frustrating experience for you and hope that it was not a third party you were working with. Feel free to reach out to our reservation team directly at info@pheasantrun.com if you can provide more information and we will do everything we can to make it right.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have to say, first, that the staff at Pheasant Run were all kind, helpful, and trying very hard. It is too bad they don't have a nicer resort to put their efforts into.
You can tell by looking around, that in 1974, this place must have been something. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to have been updated since. The elevators don't even have the emergency open feature and were slamming closed on people as they tried to walk in.
I know that you are not paying 400 a night, so you shouldn't expect true luxury, but at 184 a night, I would think you could expect clean.
The bathrooms were filthy. Dust on the vents, cruddy drains, calcified shower heads. We were in the updated tower rooms, and I can't imagine what the un-updated rooms are like. The beds were lumpy and the linens scratchy. It smelled funny.
We did enjoy the outdoor pool area. There is a nice tiki bar and we bobbed around happily for awhile. It was very loud with the dj and music blaring and we had to shout to talk to each other.
The shuttle service was convenient and punctual.
We checked out the breakfast buffet in the morning, but it was over-priced. They have a small area we thought would be a coffee shop, but really it's more like gas station fare. Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and bottled Starbucks beverages. We went down the road for breakfast instead.
My girlfriends and I used the spa. The services were good, but the ambience tired and dated. Way over-priced for what it is.
However, I will say that they were busy when we were there and lots of people seemed to be enjoying themselves. It's just not what we were expecting for our spa girl's weekend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank EPB30
Lisa A, Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were disappointed, but it's great to hear your staff compliments. We'll be sure to pass them along.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

This hotel has not been updated in decades. My room was decorated in wallpaper that looked 30 years old, the shower head was last cleaned when Nixon was president, the furniture was chipped and the carpets had wear marks and stains. The bedding is coarse and the soap and towels are just functional. I asked to be moved from my first room because it smelled dank and the view was of a roof and pipes. They then offered me a room with a golf course view and it did not smell bad. It calls itself a resort. It’s a bit of a stretch. The pool is nice. But it is similar to any decent highway hotel pool. The garden is attractive but again like a highway hotel. On Friday morning there was no where to have breakfast but a take out counter that offered sugary yoghurt and muffins and some unappealing breakfast wraps. There are no restaurants nearby so this posed a problem. I ended up with a bagel & coffee from Target next door. Not what you would find at any resort I have visited. On the weekend they do offer breakfast. The food was not great but at least I did not have to walk to Target. I had dinner there because this was a working trip. Not terrible but over salted, over cooked and mediocre choices. The place was busy with Girl Scouts, a teen dance group & a wedding. The staff were pleasant. But the price is high for lumpy pillows, outdated rooms and bad food.

Date of stay: June 2018
Lisa A, Manager at Pheasant Run Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. While we are looking forward to a renovation, we are continually making improvements where we can to update this resort and the future is looking bright. Our tower rooms are more recently updated as well. We do have two pools, a theater, comedy club, spa, and golf course as well as restaurants that contribute to our resort atmosphere. We hope you'll keep us in mind as we continue to improve and have an opportunity to add some more fun into your next work trip.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Would be fun for family with small kids to swim in pools. We stayed one night while visiting family. Had a golf course room with pretty view of pond. Downside no soap in room,trash left behind, carpet stained, wallpaper peeling and sound carries from hallway.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KatA2

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We take your feedback to heart and are working to improve this resort for many more years of family fun in our future.