“We have our party here”
Review of John Barleycorn - Schaumburg - CLOSED

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: National Parkway
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have about 15 friends from all nations where we enjoyed our drinks here. As some are Asian, cocktail menu were not made available. As a frequent drinkers, everyone get their drinks. We find the bar tender could be too generous with the mix as all our Margaritas are dosed heavier than normal. The waitresses are very nice and accommodating to our crowd. We enjoyed!

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Young under 30 crowd, smelled like someone puked on the dance floor, cheeseball pop remixes, but one of the few late night spots to dance and drink at in the western burbs.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently took my visiting family here on a Saturday night and we all ordered burgers. I had a blue cheese burger and it was probably the best burger I have ever had. Burgers here are a whopping half pound so I took half home. The calamari we ordered was also cooked to perfection. Our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Service was good, food was excellent, and I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

Had dinner here with three business associates. I had the ribs. $14.00 for a full slab, which were very good. Great salad. Fries were a bit soggy and oily. Their burgers were also very good. Our server was nice and efficient.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Some reviews pan this place as a lame nightspot, but I'm rating it as a casual restaurant only. The Thursday "Burger Night" is, at $6, a steal for this area, and the burgers are consistently good. Service, in the restaurant side at least, remains competent and friendly, even if you are NOT a "Bar VIP type". Maybe weekends here are not the time to come if you want something other than a hook-up in the bar or upstairs club, but weekdays, its a great place for a casual lunch or dinner.