“At least the food is good.”
Review of John Barleycorn - Schaumburg - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: National Parkway
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I went to this establishment for the second time last night with a friend for her birthday. I was kinda bummed when we sat down and got the same waitress who I got about 2 weeks prior. The last time we went our waitress was very inattentive. I had to ask repeatedly for another drink as did the guy I was with. She also left our dirty plates on the table for a good while after we were done eating. We also felt rushed to order and she was annoyed when we weren't ready right away. Funny thing...two weeks later and the same things happened again. The only time she gave a flying hoot is when she brought the check and then she became the most friendliest waitress ever,

So yes service is poor borderline terrible.

Food on the other hand is really good. Previously we had calamari flatbread pizza and a burger. Last night we did chicken quesadillas and fish tacos. It was all really really good and reasonably priced!!! The bar side of the place does get really loud so both times we opted to sit on the restaurant side so we didn't have to yell to hold a conversation. Did I mention the food is really good. Over all I would say that this place is average with room for improvement in service. Good service goes a long way!!!

Date of visit: May 2013

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We visited here bc it was kitty corner to out hotel and we were looking for somewhere different to eat. I couldn't stay for anything longer than it took for my husband to finish his beer. The service was ok but it was ridiculously loud- I had to shout over the extremely loud music, tvs and crowds to even ask my husband a question. Definitely will NOT be visiting again.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Service was fine and attentive, place was lively, food good for bar food type and overall a nice time. Real convenient to hotel so worked well.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have about 15 friends from all nations where we enjoyed our drinks here. As some are Asian, cocktail menu were not made available. As a frequent drinkers, everyone get their drinks. We find the bar tender could be too generous with the mix as all our Margaritas are dosed heavier than normal. The waitresses are very nice and accommodating to our crowd. We enjoyed!

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Young under 30 crowd, smelled like someone puked on the dance floor, cheeseball pop remixes, but one of the few late night spots to dance and drink at in the western burbs.