“Good food ”
Review of Mantra

Mantra
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Mantra takes pride in serving Authentic North Indian Mughlai style cuisine from 11am to 10pm daily.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We had our lunch here on our visit to Chicago. We ordered assorted bread basket, bullet naan, and kheema naan, Kadai panneer and butter chicken masala. The food was sufficient for the four of us. The ambience was good and the server was polite and prompt. The food was served with very little waiting. As bullet naan sounded different, we gave it a try. Though it was not bad, it was not any different either. I might not suggest or order it again. I am a vegetarian, so I cannot talk about butter chicken masala, but my family said it was little sweet. Kadai panneer was very tasty. The spice level and the softness of panneer was perfect. Just so you know, kheema naan comes with green peas in it. My only complaint is that I spotted 2 flies. Other than that I have no other issues.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would love to come here some other time.

Anu S, Owner at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear qaz987654321,
We appreciate you taking time to post review and glad to hear about your experience. We take pride in keep the restaurant clean and good food with prompt service. We look forward to see you and family again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Was at Mantra last nite for the 1st time. We were passing down Irving Park Rd. and spotted it for an interesting dining experience. I'm going to give it a 3 for service due to the fact that we walked in and waited for over 5 mins. for someone to greet us and get us a table. The servers were a bit unpolished and could use a little more training. I felt bad for one of the servers with a heavy Indian accent that we really had a hard time understanding, I had to keep saying Excuse me, not his fault but it was difficult to understand his explanation of a few dishes. Other than that OMG, I loved the food, we would go back for sure. Appetizers were great, one we had stuffed with potatoes and peas - deep fried and very tasty. I had a lamb stew called Rogan Josh and my friend had the Tadori Chicken, WOW, both so tender, the flavor was right on and the aroma of Indian spices etc was soooo good. We also had a rice spinach dish that was more than enough for two. We enjoyed it and really enjoyed Mantra!

Anu S, Owner at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Theresa N,
We are glad to hear about your experience and enjoyed the food. We are working diligently to train the staff and service and hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My sister in law's 50th wedding anniversary celebrations on 29th April 2017. It was a rainy day the management had arranged very thoughtfully two persons stationed with large umbrellas to help the guests walk in comfortably. The staff was quick to offer a drink and snacks as arranged. The food serviced was very good and tasty served nicely warmed. Anu Sharma was on hand to ensure everythingwas going smoothly.The rest of the staff was always courteous and smiling ready to serve.All in all a very successful and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

I love Indian food so naturally I had to check out Mantra as it reviewed well.

Let me start off by saying the decor is quite nice. You get a sense of higher end restaurant when you walk in. It was clean and well kept. I was greated immediately and seated in the 4 season type porch area which was very nice as well.

Here is where it took a nose dive. I always look at my watch when I set down at a restaurant, don't judge I travel for a living..its just a thing I do. From the time I sat down to the time the waiter finally came over and even said hello was 13 minutes. Now in fairness I understand it can take a long time when a place is really busy and maybe even short staffed because of unexpected traffic, I can accept that. His was not the case, not even close! There were a total of 4 tables occupied in the entire restaurant. While I sat there growing more and more frustrated I watched the person who greated me at the door, seemed to also be the manager, doing who knows what on his computer at the bar. Completely unaware that I was within 2 minutes of walking out the door.

So now I finally get to order, again with a very small lunch crowd it seemed to take a very long time to get my food, I could be prejudiced at this point though.

Food comes, and I have to admit it was really good. I ordered the cilantro chicken masala and garlic naan. Typically I would have ordered something else just to try it but between the $16 masala and $4 naan. I thought a $40 lunch would be a bit ridiculous.

All in all the food was good, the service was terrible and the price was absurd.

Word of advice to the owner/manager...make your prices reasonable, I am not saying cheap you have a nice place, and train your staff to "serve" the customer and you have a gold mine! Get off your computer and pay attention to your patrons.

Anu S, Owner at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Dear Shawn,
first and foremost my sincere apology for the drop in service and I want to assure you that your feedback is very important to us and will make sure it does not happen again. We are glad you enjoyed the food and we hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you.
Anu

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

When you sit down to dine and notice the majority of the customers appear to be of Indian decent, you know the food must be good. And it did not disappoint.

The choice to visit was a fluke but if it is Indian cuisine you desire, it is worth a stop.

Anu S, Manager at Mantra, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Brian S,
We are pleased to hear about your experience and hope to see you again.
Regards,