“Okay Pizza”

Giordano's
Ranked #38 of 55 Restaurants in South Elgin
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Dined here for dinner and ordered the sample appetizer and a deep dish pizza. The appetizers were very good, but the pizza was just okay. Crust was a little overdone, and the pizza didn't have enough sauce on it. In my opinion, there are better deep dish pizza options in the area. Service was nice and friendly. Our order came promptly and our drinks stayed filled.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a large team group with two tables of adults and kids. They gave us one waiter. He didn't break the check up, even though we asked, which was chaotic and he struggled to keep orders straight, missing 3 people the first time around. Slow on refills.

The pizza is very expensive BUT it is also very big. Each slice is about as filling as 2-3 normal slices of pizza. The pizza we had was very good and it was worth the trip. It's a slow cook so this is not a quick in and out pizza place. Nice place to sit and unwind with a beer while waiting for the pizza.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

While in Chicago we wanted to experience Chicago Style Pizza. While there may be other pizza restaurants that you "must try," Giordano's was perfect for us. We called ahead while on our way to Giordano's, and ordered a large, deep dish pepperoni pizza. With tax it came to about $27 - a bargain in Chicago as we were feeding 4 (two adult and two children - 12 and 6.) We noted we were taking it back to our hotel, and they provided a pizza cutter/server, forks, and plates (they forget the napkins.) The pizza has a good inch of cheese...yummy and so filling (forget about the calories with this one!)

Giordano’s has been acclaimed “Chicago’s Best Pizza” by NBC, CBS Chicago, New York Times, Chicago Magazine, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Eater, Home & Garden Magazine, Concierge Preferred and more!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The house salad - OH MY!! One of the best salad's I've ever had. Ever! Wasn't even what I went for (obviously - hello deep dish!) but a salad just sounded good. I did NOT regret that $4 decision. Then we had a famous deep dish Hawaiian pizza and it was wonderful as well. The ONLY reason this doesn't get a perfect rating from me is that the service wasn't the best. They we're exactly attentive. For a couple minutes I wasn't sure if we were going to be waited on or if I was supposed to go to the counter because there were a couple of guys just standing, with us clearly in view. But food wise - YUMO! I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

I really love the deep dish pizza, especially with extra cheese!! They are accuarte about their delivery times, also.