“Crappy service”

Giordano's
Ranked #37 of 55 Restaurants in South Elgin
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 January 2017

I hadn't been to Giordano's for several years so today we stopped in for a pizza and salad. My wife had the chop salad which she said was excellent and I had their lunch size, deep dish pizza which was good. When we arrived the waitress sat us at a booth fairly promptly and then disappeared for 10 minutes before taking our drink order. We ate and then waited another 10 minutes for our bill. The waitress brought our bill and disappeared again. We were going to pay with a credit card but the waitress never showed up again. Luckily I had enough cash in my wallet to pay the bill or we would still be there. Their appeared to be only one waitress in the place but she did enough standing around for two people. I just can't understand how a business based on customer service can get it so wrong.

Giordanos M, Guest Relations Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Hi James,
Thank you for reaching out. While I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food, I am saddened that the service did not also meet or exceed your expectations. We would like to speak with you further in order to make things right. Please contact me at artemis@giordanos.com with "S Elgin Tripadvisor" in the subject line if you wish to continue the conversation.
Artemis

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We've been to this location several times and every time, they mess something up. They've messed up our pizza order before. They forgot to give us our salads before dinner. Sometimes it just takes forever to get in and out. The staff is not very personable either. We decided to place an order to go today (because it was on the way home) & the person answering the phone wasn't even familiar with their menu! How can they have someone like that answering the phone?! The St. Charles location blows this one away!

Giordanos M, Guest Relations Manager at Giordano's, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear you have multiple negative experiences with our South Elgin location. Trust me when I say that our intention is always to exceed the guests’ expectation on all levels; hospitality, product and ambiance. Per your comments, it does not sound as if we did achieve our goal, and for that I fully apologize. Please contact me at artemis@giordanos.com with 'S Elgin Tripadvisor" in the subject line to continue the conversation.
Artemis

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We found Giordano's on Randall Rd in So. Elgin when we first moved here in 2014. It has turned out to be our favorite place. We love the family style options. My mom's favorites are any of the pasta dishes; Chicken Carbonara, Fettuccine Alfredo and the Spaghetti Marinara. The portions are huge and served hot and delicious. The staff is so friendly and have come to know us. They greet us by name and know my mom loves a glass of wine before dinner. My mom is 89 yrs young and they go out of their way to make her feel special.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

Super cozy dining room great for eating in. Nice menu options besides pizza. But definitely get the deep dish!

Reviewed 1 November 2015

Giordano's is my to-go deep dish pizza...I know everyone has a favorite, but this is mine. I also really enjoy their house salad.