Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel
US$52
Travelodge
Travelodge Reading M4 Westbound(Burghfield)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$63
  • Restaurant
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Beech House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$83
Abbey House Hotel(Reading)(Great Value!)
US$61
Bath Hotel(Reading)
US$50
US$89
TripAdvisor
US$61
All reviewsdinner danceparty nightfunction roomfree wifiplenty of parkingsunday carveryshower headrestaurant staffan overnight stayexcellent breakfastenjoyable staygood nights sleepsingle roomcomfortable roomstayed for one nightmotown nightwedding
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch at the carvery. Good room. Took time to be seated. Seating comfortable. Offered drinks but staff forgot what we wanted. They turned up in the end. Only two young people serving they did their best but it took so long to get the servings. Food tasted good. Good selection on the carvery. Freshly cooked. Coffee arrived at the end of the meal but we had to wait to pay the bill. Overall food good but service very poor due to lack of staff. Would I go again, yes if I was not in a rush.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank wilson1306
Annette C, General Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Really sorry to hear your visit wasn't as good as it should have been - we really dropped the ball there. We'll be sure to get that sorted! Glad to hear the you enjoyed the food, selection and quality I'll be sure to pass on your feedback. Next time you visit, please email ops@calcothotel.co.uk and we'll make sure it's extra special.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I last had a Sunday Carvery meal here about two years ago and loved it. Revisited today and was quite disappointed. The price for the three course meal and coffee has risen and there was less choice of starters and desserts. The traditional prawn cocktail had been removed which is a great favourite with the clientele usually dining here. The main Carvery was very good. Again, only three choices of dessert. Having said that, the seating was extremely comfortable and the tables laid out nicely. Shame about the lack of much choice but I hear the hotel has new owners. You know what they say - if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Turnip59UK
Annette C, General Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thanks for your review sorry you didn't enjoy you lunch as much as during your last visit 2 years ago. I only wish you had bought these matters to the restaurant manager's attention who I would have been able to have assisted at the time.

I was surprised to learn your feedback regarding the amount of choice; on desserts in particular with 5 available on the day. That said I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the decor and seating and do hope that you will revisit again soon. Please contact me personally in order to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf on ops@calcothotel.co.uk.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Ok so I got married here two years ago and all I can say is I had an amazing experience felt very well looked after and understood my wishes were all granted thanks to tony and Andrew and there team. Just seemed to tick all the box’s for me all guest commented about how lovely and well thought out our wedding was nothing seemed to much and as one can imagine I wanted it all and I had it thank you for a great experience and making my wedding day a truly wonderful day.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

WOW thank you for the great feedback - we'll be sure to pass it onto the team. Please come and see us soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed 3 nights and did not want to leave. Lovely modern clean hotel with great staff. The grounds are very well kept and there is plenty of free parking. Our room and bathroom were a good size and you could turn the heating on or off so it was not overpowering. The breakfast was adequate but I have had better. It is a very busy hotel with a lot of business people coming and going. Breakfast gets picked over early and the staff are always busy replenishing everything.
We ate in the Olive Tree restaurant for the 3 nights we were there. Emese and Szabolcs were amazing. They never stopped. They always had a smile and were very polite. Of course, the hotel has WIFI. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

On a cold Windy, Friday a wonderful night was had. Disco and tribute nights at the Calcot are legendary. My wife celebrated her 50th birthday, cake, announced, happy birthday, sing along. Amazing Robert Taylor, George Michael Tribute got everyone dancing, which continued with the 80-90s disco until 12. Everyone was dancing having fun. Great atmosphere. Big thank you to the staff for making it work!
Whitney night, in April, Disco Boogie night in May and ABBA tribute in June, brilliant!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jason E
Annette C, General Manager at Best Western Reading Calcot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

So pleased you enjoyed your evening with us and had a great time dancing the night away! Really looking forward to seeing you again for the next event.