“Hidden Gem of Illjnois”

Calamity Jane's
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Sugar Grove
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

Referred to this place by a friend. The atmosphere reminded me of the South Dakota western theme. The Wild Bill Burger is to die for and need to get the fries with it. I will definitely be coming back soon!

1  Thank AviatorMat

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I moved to the area 5yrs ago and only started coming here in the past yr. I'm kicking myself now. The pot roast shooters and brisket are amazing and I surprising like the Cowboy Caviar. Whenever they have a special, that is what I usually order-it's not usually on the menu. Very nice wait staff and my bf likes coming here b/c they have Miller Lite on tap. Saw quite a few people picking up take out orders.

1  Thank jmac731
Reviewed 15 February 2017

A restaraunt/bar, good for both. WE have had breakfast/lunch/ and dinner here, all were good. Iexpensive, Good for families or singles

1  Thank DaveUSNret
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The biggest surprise of the fish fry was 1/2 priced drinks 4-6PM! Tonight the selection was cod, bluegill, catfish and perch. I selected cod. A choice of 1-3 pieces with increasing prices for each--I had 2 for $8.99. They were huge and three would have been too much. Service was slow, but friendly and adequate. Drinks (alcoholic) were very generous considering it was "happy hour." Other fish frys in the area have salad bars but at much more costs (+$5). I also recommend the homemade chips. In addition to lunch it is also open for breakfast which I will try very soon.

1  Thank SugarGroveGuy
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Broasted chicken to die for, & the burgers are great too - any way you want them, pretzal bun etc. Bar all the way around. Good drinks. Prices very reasonable. It is a Sports Bar & a tad verbally rough for kids.

1  Thank ShortSteps