Kishauwau Country Cabins
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tonica
See available hotels
  • Pool
Relax Inn(Streator)
Tiki Motel(LaSalle)
View Hotel
All reviewsstarved rockpeace and quietwhirlpool tubfire pitdvd libraryget away from it allwood stoveon demandsoft sheetsstate parkperfect weekendshort drivehot waterhiking spotsvermilion rivernice cabinbald eagles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I asked my husband to plan a get-away weekend for us and he did a great job! He knows I love hiking and he choose the perfect location for getting out to some of Illinois' prettiest hiking spots. We loved our cozy Kishauwau cabin and wish we had more time to hang-out there. My first stop was the swing on the front porch where I stayed until it got too cold. I wouldn't have minded just staying in for meals and utilizing the well-stocked kitchen. And I would have brought some s'more makings to take the best advantage of the fire pit had a certain someone let me know about it. :) My bad for not checking out the website on my own before heading south. My husband also missed the whole 'no wi-fi' part so I had to wait until we went into town later the first night to download a book on my Kindle but being unplugged the rest of the time was absolutely delightful! The only thing we were worried about missing was the imminent arrival of a grand nephew but he chose his entrance into the world to coincide with our return home. All in all, we had a lovely weekend and I can give my husband kudos for planning a great stay. The cabins are just minutes away from Starved Rock and Mattheissen where we spent most of our time. For those who don't want to cook, we enjoyed a great meal at The Pink Chihauhau in LaSalle - worth the trip! We had really yummy breakfasts at both Nonie's Bakery and The Bistro in Utica as well as a terrific late afternoon beer break at Skoog's Pub - also in Utica. We will definitely make a return trip to Kishauwau Country Cabins some day!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Terisa K, Owner at Kishauwau Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Just as a future reference I do sell S'more items in the office for those folks that either don't know exactly what they are coming to or just plan forget them. I sell them as individual items for couples or S'more baskets for sale for families or bigger groups. Also, if you ever need the wi-fi passcode from me feel free to ask. You are welcome to use that in our office even to look up things to do in the area. We just don't allow people to sit in here all day long and social network or for gaming. I don't give it out for kids to use unless it's for school or something like that. We hope to see you again sometime.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 September 2016

My wife and I had great time at the cabin. We have been coming here for over the past 10 years and it one best places for the value. I recommend to everyone that if want a quite place to stay this is it.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experiences with us and for the kind words. We truly appreciate the repeat business.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

My wife and I just had a wonderful weekend at Jack's cabin. The beautiful, secluded property was the perfect getaway from daily life. The staff was very accommodating and had everything well taken care of. The cabin was great and had everything we needed. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Tyler R

Sorry about the delay in my response Tyler, but I thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about what you thought of our establishment. You truly are helping other travelers make important decisions about their future travels. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We loved the quietness. It's a great place for peace and quiet, close to the State Parks and just relaxing. It'd your looking for a place that doesn't have loud noises, great family environment, and cozy, this is it. We slept extremely well. We grilled out. It was a home away from home.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Boy, if I could count the amount of times I have heard that reference, "Home away from home". And it never gets old and it's an honor to hear it. So glad you enjoyed your stay. Until next time.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

Our experience at the cabins was incredible! Pictures do not do this place justice--the cabins are awesome! From the porch swing to the huge whirlpool in the room, the cabins helped to create the most relaxing weekend away from the busy city.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Terisa K, Owner at Kishauwau Country Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

We are so thrilled that we exceeded your expectations Katherine. With all the places to choose from on-line we are thrilled you chose ours for the celebratory birthday weekend. Here's to many more and we hope to see you again sometime.