“Beautiful ! ”
Review of Alma Mater

Alma Mater
Ranked #5 of 36 things to do in Urbana
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This is hard to miss as the structure is so imposing and impactful !

Love the message and the architecture - truly an inspiration to all students !

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"graduation"
"visitors"

Reviewed 21 July 2016

The renewed and improved Alma Mater was always striking to behold even before the work done to clean & stabilize the statute had begun. This is a wonderful way of tying one's experience and growth at U of I into a visual summation that everyone can find their own memories by looking at its design. I dare say that even I who attended an out of state university can look at Alma Mater; I can't help thinking back to the times that I have spent with friends at U of I, which only make me look forward to return again.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

I hadn't seen Alma since before her renovation, and she is even more beautiful than before! If you're just making a quick stop to see her, the half circle drive next door at the Union has 10 minute parking, just enough to snap your picture with Alma! I'll also happily note that while taking pictures with my daughter and husband, THREE people stopped to offer to take our picture so that we could all three be in it at the same time. Speaks volumes to the campus, its students and faculty! Hail to the Orange, Hail to the Blue, Hail Alma Mater!

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

My feelings about the Alma Mater can be summarized in an analogy: The Alma Mater to a U of Illinois student/alumn is like the Statue of Liberty is to an American.