Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
US$49
US$50
US$58
US$70
US$63
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast roomlobby and breakfast areacinnamon rollsnice stopworking orderlincoln avenuebiscuits and gravycomplimentary breakfastupon checkstaff was friendlyscrambled eggsmini fridgeroad tripbed was very comfortablenight stayconvenient location
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The room was spacious and clean and nicely furnished. There were several tables and surfaces, a closet and hooks to put stuff. The bed was comfortable with a good number and variety of pillows. The bathroom was clean, and adequately sized, but nothing very luxurious. There was a Keurig, a microwave and a refrigerator in the room. Unfortunately the heater and the refrigerator both had a rather loud hum that woke me up each time they kicked in. The breakfast room was also spacious and the breakfast was pretty good for a free hotel breakfast. It included cinnamon rolls, omelets, eggs, sausage and pastries. There was an automated pancake maker as well as yogurt and hard boiled eggs in the mini fridge. The pastries included some gluten free options. There is a small indoor pool and hot tub (not heated to scalding) and a workout room that included one treadmill, one recumbent bike, one elliptical, a rack of dumbbells and a couple of balance balls. Everything seemed to be in good working order.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel has been update and good location from highway. But what stands out in my mind is the friendly staff. From check in to check out no matter who we spoke with they were going to make sure our stay was as close to home as possible. Kudos to the staff!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

I have been a long term guest of this hotel. While I have been staying here, I have encountered my maintenance issues with the rooms, and once reported, they have been taken care of promptly. The front desk staff is amazing!!! When I check in they have everything ready for a quick check in. Housekeeping does a nice job cleaning the rooms. The common areas are always clean, despite occasional groups gathering in the breakfast area. I definitely plan to keep coming here when in town!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Hotel is updated and the staff was friendly. However, the room we had was unclean. There was loose change and crumbs on the floor, so it obviously was not vacuumed. The counter surfaces were covered in crumbs and stains. The bathroom floor did not appear to have been mopped recently. When showering water stands several inches deep in the tub. For the price I expected more.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear photog81,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us.

I am very happy that our service and the location of our hotel met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service as well as experience and it is always great to hear from our valued guests on how we are doing. I also take note regarding your comment about our room cleanliness, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I apologize if this might have caused you inconvenience.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Holiday Inn Express is my new favorite hotel chain. I rank it above the choice hotels, but not as expensive as Hilton Garden Inns. The new décor is pretty cool, not the same old motel design. The lady at the front desk was very friendly. The morning breakfast was good. This hotel is right off the interstate and right off Lincoln Avenue. It is a short drive to campus. If you have a choice when at UI, try this one.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business