Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
US$50
US$58
US$70
US$63
All reviewsfull kitchenking suiteliving roommain buildingextended staysmall balconyhot entreesindoor poolfront desk staffchampaign urbanahot breakfasthotel roomrooms are clean and comfortablefresh fruitpotatoesgreat roomminute drive
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Stay far away from this hotel. While I was showering after swimming, a male staff member entered the women’s shower room, pulling the door open while he was knocking. The front desk responded by saying this stuff happens and there’s nothing they can do.
There is definitely something they can do. They can apologize, say it will not happen again, and forbid their staff from entering the shower room unless the pool is closed, which it is from 1:30 to 2:30 on every day. 9:30 am is not 1:30 pm.
Stay away.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Rachel B, Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

We are truly sorry for your experience and the way it was handled. We will certainly be talking with all of our team members on how to properly enter a private area. We will also work with our team members on how to better respond to our guests. Again, we are truly sorry and will do our best to ensure another guest does not have the same experience.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

You will see that most of the reviews stated that the staff were friendly and helpful, and that was certainly true. The room was clean and on the larger side, so that was good too. The breakfast choices were just OK. The coffee machine was really, really slow and I noticed that if a person wanted decaf, the machine was only pouring water. If you stuck with it though, the actual regular coffee tasted fine. The work out room was very much outdated. One elliptical was broken, and the other one wobbled so much, it was almost like you were on a ride. The padding on some of the weight lifting machines were also worn down to almost the metal.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Rachel B, Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will certainly look into the issues that you have addressed. We love to hear from our guests regarding the things we are doing right, and the things we can improve on. Our goal is to continue to improve on a daily basis, and reviews like yours help us to do so. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Just had one of the worst experiences dealing with Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center in Urbana, Illinois. I still cannot believe how bad the experience was. My friends were getting married in Champaign, Illinois and blocked off rooms at the Eastland Suites for the wedding. I had called weeks ago to make a reservation for the wedding and told her just needed the night of the wedding ad she said okay. Then when I go to check into the hotel, they said they cannot find my name in the system. The woman on the phone had misspelled my name and address in the system. She also booked me the night before the wedding! The clerk told me oh it looks like you were supposed to have departed today! I said no, I had this booked under the wedding party and the wedding is tonight, why would I only stay the night before? The staff were very confrontational and rude and were not wanting to help. They were saying things like it was my fault when I had to call and specifically say what wedding it was for and had to say the date of the wedding. At this point, the reception was 90 min away and they said sorry, but there is nothing we can do for you. It is all booked up. They didn't even offer a refund, I had to request that and they seemed put out to at least give me a refund when they booked me the wrong night. We then had to quickly find another hotel. This was just a terrible experience which was supposed to have been a fun time for a wedding.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the way you were treated during your reservation process, this is unacceptable. Please also accept our apologies for not responding sooner to your review. We are currently in the process of training a new Guest Services Manager for our front desk team, and will do our absolute best to insure nothing like this happens again. We appreciate you reaching out to inform us about your experience, we will certainly learn and grow from it. Again, we are so sorry, and hope you had a nice time at the wedding despite our mishap.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Excellent hotel, great location, very clean, well decorated, all amenities...fridge, microwave, safe, wifi, full breakfast with room!!! Great staff. The rooms are large, TV screens big, excellent reception. In-room coffee. It's all GREAT! Highly recommend to families, couples, and singles. Very safe. Right off the interstate, great parking too.

Room Tip: Room 120 is right by an outside door, by ice & soda machines, large room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie C
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Clean and nice with good breakfast and pool. We will go there again to visit our son. Good location to collage and the shopping. Big comfy rooms and nice stuff especially when you could get this room for free as a bonus from Hotels,con.

Room Tip: Lock in advance
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family