All reviews room was clean large shower adequate breakfast king room in town would stay again convenient location ben university internet refrigerator
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

This was one of the best hotels have ever stayed in great staff clean rooms I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The best thing about my stay was the front desk was a big help to help me with anything that I needed looking for food restaurants or anywhere to go like I said I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Rose G, General Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
We truly appreciate the amazing feedback you have given our team!
We do our best to exceeded our guests expectation and with your review, this truly has made us feel we are headed the right direction.
Hopefully, next time you are in town, you will choose to stay with us again and we'll be looking forward to that visit!
Have a wonderful day and again many thanks from my team to you and your family!

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent service by Ben, thank you!
Good price, comfortable beds, peaceful and clean room is all I wanted from this hotel. The only things I wasn't lucky to get are the dirty towels with make up on them and the dirty carpet are unacceptable. This was my second stay there and I am diving 4 stars only because of the service. 1st time I had body skin, dead bugs and dirty sheets as well as dirty towels. Next time I will not be so kind if the management doesn't retrain the cleaning professionals how to wash the sheets and towels.

Thank you for your service dear people!

Galia

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel could use a good cleaning. Temp was over 90 and the pool was closed. Bathroom door had mold and the room had a smell. Someone used the bathroom and never flushed. Carpet are stained. Beds were comfy.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrew_Clarenson, Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to sincerely apologize for the concerns that you shared. This is not a typical experience at our hotel, and we will work diligently to ensure that such a situation does not arise again in the future.

Andrew Clarenson
Econo Lodge
217-367-6000

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here with our infant twins on our way home from a family vacation. Rooms are very small; thankfully we happened to be put in a handicap room otherwise I'm sure 2 pack and plays wouldn't fit. The sheet on the portable crib they supplied was loose and unsafe. Our feet are filthy just from walking around without shoes on (thankfully we just had the boys play on the bed). Tried to get in the side door by where we parked and it wouldn't unlock. The pool is closed because of a filter issue but we were offered no discount for the inconvenience. The bathroom sink has no stopper. The lamp bulbs are a really harsh color. Just overall a bad pick for a quick night stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrew_Clarenson, Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to apologize for the concerns that you shared with us. I would like to let you know that this issue is not typical of our hotel as our housekeepers do an impeccable job with our rooms. In the future, please know that we are always available at the front desk to assist in these situations.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Needed a place for one night because we were in town for a concert. Only paid $52. Room was small. Fairly clean, except the shower was a little gross and an unknown substance stuck on a painting above headboard. I checked for bed bugs and didn't find any evidence of their presence. Breakfast included waffles, doughnuts, cereals, and gravy-it was ok. For what we needed, this place wasn't bad. I would not bring my kids or stay more than a night. It's certainly not a luxury hotel, but you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: April 2017