US$123
US$82
Hotels.com
Relax Inn(Altamont)
US$69
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

traveling across country, we happen to stop outside St. Louis on our trip. I have found that staying inside St. Louis is expensive and staying on the edge of town is not so savory. We decided to stop on the far East side of the area and not go through town. We found this little Inn and decided to stop. We were greeted by friendly staff and parked our truck and trailer close by. Older rooms but they show care in keeping them up. And we were surprised by the very comfortable beds! Nice surprise when you're dead tired. Would stay again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

I was surprised to stop back at my room after my first nights stay on my lunch break and the bed was made and room was already cleaned up. Over my 3 week stay my room was cleaned daily with fresh towels daily as well. The owner was quick to take care of anything you needed. I will undoubtedly be staying there again next month when I'm back in town for work again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I picked this motel for a place to spend the night at minimal cost.
It met my needs, and I had no complaints. I would stay there again if I were traveling by myself and I needed a motel for one night in that area.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2015

I needed a place to sleep, shower and change clothes while staying in Vandalia, Illinois to attend a funeral. I was able to accomplish those things in the room I stayed in, but it was barely a step above camping on the ground in a tent with an air mattress.

Noteworthy items -
1. The lighting in the room(s) was very dim (even with EVERY available light turned on).
2. The light fixture switches felt very old/worn out --- like they might break off when you used them.
3. The toilet had the flimsiest/cheapest plastic seat on it I've ever seen. And, it had a dirty/stained spot on the rear of the seat that DID NOT wipe off. [I tried!!]
4. Bathroom items were cracked/broken and patched back together. [Bathroom sink and the toilet tank top.]
5. The toilet would barely flush. The flush handle had to be held down for SEVERAL seconds to make ANY waste get flushed away. And, the toilet would continue to run water on occasion.
6. The tub/shower diversion valve would NOT send 100% of the water flow to the shower head (maybe 50 or 60%).
7. There were several places on the walls, the ceiling and the entry door frame that showed obvious signs of damage/destruction that were just "quickie patched and painted". [Like nobody would notice??]
8. Burn holes on the bed spread, the furniture and the carpet. [Yes... it WAS a smoking room.]
9. No alarm clock/radio in the room! [Maybe they thought someone would steal it?]
10. Almost forgot this one. Noticed several hairs on the white sheets, and on the shower wall, and on the bathroom walls!!

I didn't even try to use the TV, the refrigerator, the microwave or the hair dryer in the room ---- didn't need any of those items.

The room served the immediate need that I had --- a place to shower, use the restroom, sleep and change clothes. A solo trip without the wife or family. It worked for what I needed for one night, but it was ugly and primitive!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank GL M
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Pretty decent hotel to spend a night, while on your road trip. I did not expect it to be clean... so was happy to find it clean and neat when we entered the room. We stayed a night there when on our way to St. Louis. As it was humid, there were flies near lights outside the room. But inside room it was nice and clean.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends