“...A Nightmare in Vis Vitalis”

Vis Vitalis Medical Wellness Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kerepes
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I visited this hotel with my group. about 90 people. No hot water to make a shower, cool rooms and the AC was out of order. Creepy place no one else exept my group. i must not forget that the dinner was not enough for all. Internet was poor and the ''full'' signal was only in the north part of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 December 2016

I chose the hotel thanks to its location. Hotel is nice and clean, unfortunately it is all..Cold room, closed restaurant at 7pm on Thursday, problems with internet connectivity AND not HOT water in pipes. Receptionist is a nice lady, speaking fluently EN, but cannot fix your problems..reason is clear and simple - Mr. Owner..Mr. Owner who doesnt speak EN and doesnt want to help you..at this stage becomes Mrs. Receptionist the Mrs. Translator, pretty much embarrassed..coz Mr. Owner dont want to help or give you any discount for non provided services like hot water or internet...
I recommend this hotel for apathetic and super tolerant travelers..at the same day, there were group of 80 Greek students..at 8PM, unfortunately the lock in one door room got broken and one person got locked in the room by accident. After 1h we convinced Mr. Owner to call an external help to rescue the person...his argument to fix it in the morning was defeated:)

PS: Mrs. Receptionist was very nice person, who wanted to help, unfortunately working for employer who is not customer oriented. I recommended her to change the job, company I work for is hiring and we need customer oriented people..maybe a happy end at least for 1 person :)

...DONT COME HERE...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Filip V
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The outside of the hotel is very welcoming and clean, was very easy to find.
The hotel however does not have AC, was a very uncomfortable stay as the temperature was very high and there was no relief anywhere in the hotel from the heat.
The food was very mediocre, don't ask for rice as what you get will probably be un-cooked.
There was no ironing facilities in the room, not sure if this is a Hungarian thing as most of the hotels do not have this, however you can request a hairdryer from the main reception if you need one.
The rooms are far from luxury but if your staying for few day to visit the very near by hungaroring stadium it will probably be perfect as it is a short 15 minute taxi ride.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, the cleaning staff are amazing!! My room was spotless when I returned to it.
All in all, I would say this hotel is more like a 2 star at a stretch maybe a 3 star.

Room Tip: Free Parking
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

First let me tell you that this is NOT a wellness clinic despite what the pictures and website tell you. NO Kaqun baths worked...and haven't for over a year yet they advertise that they have them. I guess they have them but if they don't work what's the purpose? I wound up going to the place next door which does have them.

Secondly the pixs show they have a restaurant and bar...and they do. But the bar does not have a bartender and there are NO bottles of alcohol. Again, what is the purpose? As for the restaurant it's also nonexistent. The receptionist or the cleaning lady made our eggs or coffee which illustrates that no one goes there since there is nothing there.

Thirdly, it says it has Air conditioning. And it does in the lobby. Yet in the bedroom where you sleep it's like 75-79 degrees. Very stuffy and uncomfortable. I would never sleep anywhere I couldn't get AC especially for the amount I paid. $106 one night and $96 another night.

Next, it's like a ghost town. Big giant hotel and one car in the parking lot. Now I understand why.

The only good thing I can say is the staff are very nice and hospitable. And the beds are comfortable even if they only give one pillow and no top sheet. Oh and they only give one roll of toilet paper at a time leaving us to have to ask for toilet paper every day.

Save your money and find an Airbnb or other hotel.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nycdiamondgirl
Reviewed 4 April 2016

We ended up at the Vis Vitalis Medical Wellness Hotel because it was the closest hotel to my wife's aunt in the neighborhood. We had no idea what we were in for but it turned out great.

First off, I am not sure about the name of the hotel in terms of health or wellness. It is perfectly clean, has very comfortable beds and a great breakfast each morning for each guest. It does not have doctors walking the hallways, or patients walking around for exercise and I have not seen a wheelchair the whole time.

What I have seen is an extremely high level of effort to make our visit as nice as it can be. My special person to recognize is Timi, a wonderful and outgoing Front Desk Manager that also does the work of several others in a normal hotel. She has a wonderful smile, speaks great English and will do just about anything she can to make sure that all is good. My wife and I thought she was fantastic!

Another great thing about this location is the ease with which you can catch a train into Budapest. The train stop is only a 7 minute walk from the hotel and you ride it to the end of the line and take the tunnel across the street to the M2 train going into downtown Budapest. It is honestly a slam dunk. We got off the M2 at the Batheyany stop, walked upstairs (escalator) and found ourselves looking at the Parlament Building across the Danube. We hopped on to a "Hop On, Hop Off" bus and took a 2 hour tour of the city in an open roof bus that reminded me of Hong Kong! It was great! We went back to the hotel the same way we came and it was easy.

Remember that Seniors (60+) ride free on the Hungarian trains so all you have to do is get a pass that shows you are that old and all is good when the conductor comes around!

We will not doubt come back to this hotel again and will look forward to it! Thank you Timi for making our visit and excellent one!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank britecrawl

Been to Vis Vitalis Medical Wellness Hotel? Share your experiences!