“No Flavor”

Ranked #41 of 141 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I ordered the cavatappi pasta with marinara sauce. I requested no parmesan as I am not supposed to eat cheese. Unfortunately, I think they are counting on all of the flavor to come from the cheese because it was really bland. I thought the portion size was good for the price, but they need to make a better sauce!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Corner Bakery offered a coupon for two meals for $10. Now that is a great incentive to go to Corner Bakery! I had what I always have - the salad trio. The quinoa salad was delicious as was the cavatappi salad. The Washington DC chicken salad was mediocre. My husband had the BLT sandwich and it was amazing - I don't know how many strips of bacon were on the sandwich but they were generous. My husband said that he thinks it was the best BLT he has ever had and he orders it a lot as it is his favorite sandwich. We had a delightful lunch with delicious food and even leftovers for tomorrow!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2017

We visit Corner Bakery quite often. Their food is good, however the service at the restaurant is below reasonable. At every visit, there is something that we have not received. For example, we may have not received silverware. And I don't expect they want you to eat pasta with your hands. Today, however, I received some linguine pasta instead of the cavatappi marinara that I ordered. I said, "That's not what I ordered. I ordered cavatappi marianara." He looked at the receipt and said, "Oh. It looks like we messed up. Is that still okay?" I said no, wondering why it would be okay. If I had wanted linguini, I would have ordered linguini. He brought what I ordered, but it didn't contain parmesan as usual.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 2 June 2017

CB vs Panera..... I find them to almost identical with selections and quality. Only the name is different and number of locations for Panera.

Service is quick and friendly at the noon hour, with plenty of indoor and outdoor seating for this VH locations.

Quality of food is very good and you will be please with your order.

Plenty of parking available.

Enjoy your visit at this location!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Corner Bakery is a regular lunch spot for our work team. This week we were again disappointed and are sad to have our usual go to place changing in a not so great way.
I ordered a café size chicken caesar salad, as I have many times in the past. This time the serving portion was considerably smaller, and no chicken was on it. Back it went and was corrected. Two others in our group waited almost 10 minutes for their dishes. When the staff brought them to the table, after we inquired into their whereabouts, she passed them to my coworker so closely to my face her sleeve brushed my cheek. I was taking a bite at the time and it was so wrong. She commented that she was getting pretty close, but then did it again with a laugh. I did not find it funny.
The bright spot is always Michael, the gentleman who busses the tables. He works very hard and I always give him a tip when we leave. (He truly earns it, so remember to give him a buck or two.)
During the meal, the same woman staff somehow also rolled a roll of toilet paper under our table. She found this amusing too, but after the previous intrusion into my personal space we didn't find it too funny.
The food is good, but the servings are getting very small. It is taking longer and longer to get our food, and we are starting to look for a new lunch spot. We really don't want to stop enjoying Corner Bakery, but it just is changing more than we are interested.

Date of visit: March 2017