“Best Tom Kar soup in the area!”

Tasty Thai Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 124 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 16 September 2016

Have been coming to Tasty Thai for years. Their Tom Kar soup is amazing! Can't go wrong with their Lad Nar Noodles with chicken. Their lunch buffets are good and quite reasonably priced. Tasty Thai is consistently good.

Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

I was looking for soup on a snowy day while my husband was looking for more of a meal. We decided on Thai and were pleasantly surprised to find a buffet. Good selection of dishes including pad Thai and coconut curry. The first set of crab ragoons were a bit overlooked but the second batch was perfect. Good tom yum soup. Nice job for a buffet.

Reviewed 6 February 2016 via mobile

I have spicy red curry, substituted with vegetables and tofu. The tofu was in too big of pieces for me and was squishy. I feel as if it was cooked longer or different they could significantly improve the texture of the tofu. But it wasn't bad. You can substitute meat in any dish for tofu and or vegetables. All the rice they use is delicious and I must admit the Jasmine tea was divine. I also got spicy green curry fried rice which was also made with Jasmine rice. It was fantastic the tofu was cooked perfectly and in all had a great spicy flavor. Spring rolls were OK. They were 395. Coconut ice cream 295 my mom quite enjoys it. Hot tea as I said was good 1.75 for a big pot. Poo thong my mom ordered 5.50 my mom quite enjoyed it. I must say the service was fantastic Sy is a wonderful waitress with a great personality. I would come again.

Reviewed 25 January 2016

Let me start by saying that I am an avid Thai food eater. It is my favorite cuisine. I fell in love with Thai food while living in the SF Bay Area and I've been eating it for over 25 years. I've eaten at many Thai restaurants around the country.

The food at Tasty Thai is not authentic Thai food. I question whether the owner/chef is really from Thailand.

We ordered Panang Gai and Pad Thai, my favorite combination of spices. I ordered it mild, as my wife can not eat food as spicy as I like it. That's the way we order everywhere we go and yet the food is usually delicious. Unfortunately, that was not the case this time.

The chicken curry was incredibly bland and there was hardly anything else in it except for the chicken. It was like chicken soup without any vegetables.

The Pad Thai, instead of having crushed peanuts in it, had BBQ sauce. It had a sweet, tangy BBQ flavor. It wasn't bad but that is not an authentic Thai recipe.

The best part of our meal was actually the Tom Ker Gai soup, which we both enjoyed.

The atmosphere is basically typical of a hole in the wall place, which I don't mind a bit if the food is good. Sadly, we were disappointed with our meal.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

May be this has got to do with our ordering of dishes, but food was just OK for us though we had asked for food to be extra spicy. Thankfully, the hot sauce and the dry chilli peppers saved the day.
We ordered egg rolls, that fried rice with chicken and pan fried noodles with chicken-which stood out.
To be fair, the pricing was good and the bill was about 23 dollars.