“Great Find”

Blufish Sushi Robata
Reserve with OpenTable
Blufish Sushi Robata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 127 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Hidden in between stores in a shopping area, is blufish sushi restaurant. We started with a nice bottle of white blend wine. Semi dry, crisp and tasty.
I had to try the oyster shooter. Adventurous and delicious. I'd recommend stirring a bit before "shooting" to mix in the hot sauce.
We then tried several various Maki dishes without rice and wrapped with seaweed. Ocean Drive, Rainbow Dragon, Spicy Cajun and Special Spicy Tuna. Wow! All were delicious. Service was great too.
Definitely recommended and we look forward to our next trip to the area.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a Tuesday evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary and took advantage of their "special" pricing menu from 5-6pm (I believe).

We ordered a bunch of items (from maki to pot stickers to fried chicken and oysters on the half shell) AND a couple of drinks each and the bill (before taxes and tips) was around $50--and that's for all of the food being GREAT and good service in a modern comfortable setting too!

Man, you can't go wrong with these guys (and I can be a tough grader for places like this). Highly recommended.

1  Thank GoneOffTheGrid
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had a variety of dishes - robata (skewers of pork belly with sauce), eel roll, soft-shell crab, oysters on the half shell--and all were excellent. The ambience is high-quality (good music, decor a bit over the top), and the service as well. It is in a strip mall.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

OK.......I know that this is a "sushi" restaurant.......but this kid doesn't do sushi ! I had the Sea Bass......and loved every bite ! I will be going back here for more -- and recommending it to all. If you like Sea Bass......run on over. ENJOY !!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

The place environment is very modern and the sushi is great with very reasonable prices and lots of options.
The service is also excellent.