“Surprisingly good takeout”
Review of Koi Sushi & Grill

Koi Sushi & Grill
Ranked #22 of 138 Restaurants in Wheaton
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Japanese sushi Chinese Thai.
Description: Japanese sushi Chinese Thai.
Reviewed 18 March 2017

When you first look at this place, you are skeptical. It is not in a typical restaurant storefront. But we ordered lo mein and basil chicken and the food was very good. Fresh ingredients and food was cooked just right. I ordered the chicken to be a little spicy and it was. This is a new place, but our first meal was very good.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I ordered three different rolls and was happy with their taste. I did not dine in, but did carry out. I will definitely order again some time in the near future. I really liked the Golden Dragon Roll. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Do not judge a book by its cover, but from the street it looks like a hole in the wall. But the atmosphere, staff and the food are outstanding. The owner finds the freshest fish, the sushi chef makes delicious creations, and overall the experience is lovely. And how awesome is a BYOB place?! And no up charge for glasses! Highly recommend it. No place has better sushi!

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

We came early for dinner on Saturday night. It was nice and quiet. Good service and decent quality of food. We ordered a bunch of items and here are the ratings.
Sashimi deluxe: good portion, variety, but not very delicate. 7/10 scale
Sashimi and sushi combo: it's average and a little pricy for what it includes 5/10 scale
Tonkatsu Ramen: pork was a little hard, good portion of veggies, broth is probably from a ramen package. 6/10 scale
Spider roll: favorite of the night! Good portion and fresh. 9/10 scale
That's what happened when you live in Chicago for too long and have been to many sushi places.
If you crave for sushi rolls, this is a good place to be. But for Ramen, better off somewhere else.
I would be happy to come back for lunch specials though.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

My colleague and I came here for lunch. We both had the sushi where you pick two different rolls and it comes with soup. I had the shrimp and the chicken tempura rolls. Both were very tasty, and the ingredients had that crisp fresh feel/taste. I would definitely recommend this place. I will be back.