“Really bad”

Cuisines: American
Description: 7800 Kingery Hwy Willowbrook, IL 60527 (877) 228-7143
Description: 7800 Kingery Hwy Willowbrook, IL 60527 (877) 228-7143
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Went there on Mother's Day for brunch. It was really bad food where nothing was even labeled so you had to take the lid off of everything just to see what it was and some things you still couldn't tell what they were, very unorganized, and a lot of staff that did nothing. The worst part was getting the bill and seeing a gratuity tip on the bill for $27, for what, all they did was get our first set of drinks which took 15 minutes after we sat just to get. Besides the fact I've never been to a buffet where a 18% tip was added on. I sure will never go back.

1  Thank Lori K

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We had breakfast and lunch here as it was part of the business conference my DH attended. Your usual breakfast buffet offerings. I'd rate both meals average. Service was spotty, but friendly. The decor is very nice, and they ramp it up for dinner, with candlelight and white tablecloths.

We also have dined here in our last two visits to this hotel. Again, average food and average service, both times, so nothing has improved. That is too bad, because if they did, I bet a lot of locals might just come here to dine.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

The breakfast buffet is simple, but adequate. The food is good. The evening fare is unexpectedly good. Very elegantly served and very good food. Like everything in Chicago, it's overpriced. Can't fault Willby's for the cost of living in Chicago, though.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Food was average at best, service was spotty. Staying at the hotel was the only thing that had us return.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

After family recommended this restaurant, I decided to try it for myself. Willby's, located in a Holiday Inn offers a full menu but, also has 8 "DINNER DEAL" entrees (ranging from the catch of the day, chicken, meatloaf, pork chops, shrimp, to pasta dishes) for $11.95 from 5 to 8 PM every evening. All these deal dinners include the soup and salad bar, a great mini loaf of hot bread and butter, vegetable, coffee or tea and dessert. For that price, you can't beat it! Tony, our server was excellent! My only criticism and the reason I did not give this restaurant an excellent rating is because the salad bar was not re-stocked as soon as something was empty. Many staffers (I saw 3 or 4) walked by the salad bar and checked it out, but did not replace the empty food containers as fast as they should have. In my opinion, that is a must for a salad bar. The food was good and "dinner deals" at our table had sizable portions. I would go back again!