“Work in. Progress”

Knights Inn - Wilmington
Knights Inn - Wilmington
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

They are working hard on elevating this hotel to a acceptable level.. Someday it will make a fair three star.
Has made the ajoin restaurant and lounge much better . Service there was great. The new cook , was a needed improvement.The lounge is now fully stocked. ( Brovo) ....

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I tried to cancel my room and get a refund, but they did not allow me to. I booked online and was not able to change the date from what I saw, hence why I wanted to cancel my room. Based on what other people have written about them, I'm not really all that surprised.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tristancornell
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We were sent here for temporary housing after the tornado that hit Coal City on June 22, 2015. The room was disgusting, there were ants in the room, and half of the floor was soaked from the air conditioning unit. I was put here because my house was unlivable, this was just as bad. After one night we called our housing people and were moved out. To have the manager tell my husband that my 10 year old, 15 pound boston terrier soaked that floor by peeing. If my dog can pee that much he should be in the world records because we are talking SOAKED, PUDDLING on the carpet from the air conditioner. And just in case anyone is interested they just arrested a pedophile from Wilmington here. Don't believe me check the Free Press Newspaper. DON'T STAY HERE EVER!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2015

This hotel did not have our reserved room and blamed Priceline for overbooking them. After reading reviews, we see this hotel has a reputation for overbooking. When we attempted to see if they had our room for the following night, they told us to call back after three because the only employee was on the "gas station side" with no access to the hotel computer. We attempted to call back numerous times between 3 and 5 and NO ONE even answered the phone. Unbelievable!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2014

I will say that my rating could be about "2 1/2". It wasn't exactly average and it wasn't exactly poor - it is what it is. Knowing full well what I was walking into from my last visit helped, and what's funny is that I got the exact same room as last time. It wasn't much different from what I remember. Again, rooms are rather large, bathrooms are small. Water pressure is still "meh" in the shower. Still 20-something channels on the TV.

Again, don't expect much if you come here. If you're the type who likes a little more luxury, then drive on up to Joliet or head over to Morris. If you're in town for work and are looking for a place on the cheap with no frills, well, this fits the bill.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business

Been to Knights Inn - Wilmington? Share your experiences!