“Excellent Pizza!”

Other Place Lighthouse
Reviewed 15 July 2017

The restaurant is casual. We ordered carry out and also ate in on my trip to the area. The thin crust pizza has a great crisp crust. I will order again next time in town.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

During the summer we are at the marina almost every weekend. So, we order out or go to the restaurants located in Winthrop Harbor. We have been doing this for about 14 years. Typically we order from the Other Place at least once a month in the summer. So this past weekend we ordered from the Other Place. My wife ordered quesadillas and fried cauliflower. I ordered their chicken sandwich. The Quesadillas were so so and the fried cauliflower was just barely warm when it arrived. When I bit into my chicken sandwich it was on the verge of being crunchy. I tried another bite and realized that the chicken was riddled with fat. I threw the rest of it away. I have heard similar stories from other boaters. So, in summary, sometimes the food is OK and sometimes not. I did not go and tell them about this. So, you be the judge.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We had eaten here a few years ago. In the area again, and met up w/some friends that have now moved not too far from the restaurant. It was our friends favorite place when he was growing up. They made reservations and they had tables set up for us in a room that we primarily had to ourselves. It was so nice seeing our friends and having an area where we could visit and talk and not feel like we were in the way of others. The staff was very friendly, accomodating and offered to take pictures of all of us. Also suggested a driver to get us back to our hotel because our original uber driver couldn't come back to get us when we were ready to leave.

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to Chicago. We assumed, from the location, name and outdoor decor that we were in for some seafood with a local touch. The portions were generous. The service was excellent! The food was good, but nothing over the top. Our table had the burrito, catfish dinner and gyro special. The gyro meat was very flavorful. The catfish, while ok, did not seem like US raised catfish.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Awesome burgers, and Mexican food also. The Lighthouse has an extensive menu, appetizers, burgers, and a full dinner menu that includes ribs, chicken and pizza. The only thing better than the food is the service. Great stop along Sheridan Road Summer thru winter.