“Clean, good food, fair price”
Review of Silver Dollars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silver Dollars
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Yorkville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We stop here with grandchildren on on way home from visiting Thomas the train in Union Il every year. My husband ordered the chicken special, said it was good, grandson had a burger, granddaughter asked for a mozzarella grilled cheese and they made it while I had a club sandwiches ch with avocado that was huge and very very good. Their French fries are very good, service was decent and owner stopped twice to ask if everything was ok. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We have gone to this restaurant a couple of times. The wait staff is always nice and friendly. The food is good, nothing special just ordinary family style food. They serve breakfast all day and they have a kids & senior menus. The salad and soup came out fast as well as the main course. The one thing that could use some help is the "salad bar", it could use some more items on it (a little small).

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My in-laws raved about this place and had taken my husband last month, so I went with them this time. I thought the food was okay. I ordered the Spartan Omelet, with spinach, mushroom, and feta cheese. I asked to have bacon added. You would think with all that flavor it would be good, but it was not very flavorful. Even though the food was warm, the feta cheese was in chunks, not melted at all, and was the most tasteless feta I've ever had. The waitress was friendly, but kept forgetting things. We kept having to ask for things, like refilling our coffee, which I've never had to ask for. I think it would be good for just the basics, but specialty items, like the omelet, are not what I would order again. I would not make a trip back here on my own, only if my in-laws really want to go.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

I ordered meat loaf & salad bar. Everything didn't have any flavor. That was all but the chocolate pudding & the chocolate ice cream. A family member thought that the roast turkey was bland also.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We went to silver dollars as a family of 4 after giving blood. The waitress seemed preoccupied and not paying attention to the orders. My son ordered a bufflo chicken wrap,my daughter ordered a Sriracha chicken wrap. When the orders came she gave the wrong wraps to my children. They finally switched plated and my son realized his wasn't buffalo chicken it was a bbq chicken wrap. My children didn't want me to send it back. We probably will not return.