“Excellent food and drink; built on Tapas style of sharing small plates of food”
Review of Divvy

Divvy
Ranked #8 of 278 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2018

A wonderful surprise with a restaurant on the southwest of Carmel City Center - easy to find and great parking. Divvy is owned and run by a couple who also owns a nearby restaurant, Woodys Library, also an excellent place. Richelle is one of the ownership pair who is also the main chef and is known in the area as a great Chef.
The tapas style of eating is great fun for sharing and supported completely by the design of this place. The staff is quite good and very helpful in educating new customers on what plates are intended for sharing and which are not.
The menu is split up into different sections and it is best to have a wait staff member talk you through the organization of the food selections and groupings. We were able to order starters that could be shared...as well as the entrees could. Choices were wonderful and it tasted great. The staff here is critical to making this new design work.
Note that we had a reservation for our group of five...and that helped us get a table for exactly our number when we walked in the front door.
Divvy is open for lunch and dinner and closed all day Sunday. Also, note that they have outside and inside eating areas and due to using screens and clear plastic "drapes". they can heat and use outdoor areas in the open porch when desired for eating and drinking.
So, suggest that you consider Divvy for a meal; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I never leave negative reviews and always try to give places the benefit of the doubt, but our experience was so horrible I will never go back and felt compelled to leave this. We went here for a girls night, made reservations for 5. One couldn’t make it so I called earlier in the day and changed the reservation to 4. They said ‘thanks so much for letting us know’. When we arrived, they said ‘there’s only 4 of you?’ I said I called, they said ‘well it wasn’t noted’. 1. That’s not my problem 2. This should’ve been our first clue to run. She then said she had a proposition and asked if we would sit in the heated patio. No, it’s 7 degrees outside, we’ll wait for a table. A few minutes later when a table was ready they acted like they were doing us a favor by seating us. The server was AWFUL. Every drink we ordered he suggested something different. One friend ordered a mojito and he said oh no, you don’t want that, we grow our own mint in the summer and in the winter it’s store bought and tastes bitter. She asked what he suggested and he said the pear martini, she said she didn’t normally like pear and he insisted. He brought it out and she didn’t like it. He said well I’m still going to charge you for it. Our other friend was trying to explain what she didn’t like about the drink for her and he literally put his hand in her face to stop talking. We were all so shocked we didn’t even know how to react. When a friend ordered a chopped steak she asked if she could have it rare and he stuck up his thumb and said no, it’s the size of my thumb, and walked away. Still not sure what the size of your thumb had to do with how her $30 steak is prepared?? Later when we needed our check and was walking by he put his hand up to us again. He needs to find another job. We should’ve walked out at the first incident. The food was mediocre for the price and again, the service was literally the worst restaurant experience of my life.

1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The casual-sophisticate atmosphere of Divvy surrounds a great place for "tapas" or small dishes of delicious gourmet items that you can share, hog for yourself, accompany with fine wines and well-made bar drinks, and enjoy a private lunch or dinner as well as a big night out with the gang. The food is always top-notch and creative menu items abound. We like to go about 1/month. How 'bout you?

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I love being able to try such a variety of foods. It’s perfect for a girls night out but also date night with the hubby. The creamed corn brûlée is heavenly and a must have! I also love the flights of wine and cocktails. I keep swearing I will start with dessert and work backwards one time, because the dessert are de-lish too! Probably not the best place for little kids or anyone who seeks “all you can eat” quantities of food but other than that, I think there’s something on the menu for anyone. And don’t forget - free valet!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for a rare date night during Savor Hamilton County. Not necessarily a spot we would visit ordinarily but the opportunity to sample a lot of Divvy' s most popular dishes was too enticing. 2 different taste tours were shared, so many different tastes were enjoyed! Kermit was an excellent server and kept things light hearted while being aware of our later plans at the Studio at the Palladium. Even went so far as to allow us to exit thru the kitchen to save time for our walk after dinner. Highlights of the samples of food included the sashimi tuna, roasted Brussels Sprouts, Corn Creme Brulee, and Tuxedo Tenderloin bites. Don't pass up the Divvy Water!